Game 44 : Bison @ Buffalo

17 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I assume Lowry will still be out, giving Roslo another shot.  Like seeing him with another skill player like Dano.  He didn't look out of place out there.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lemieux draws in and Dano sits...

33 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

not sure why you sit Dano, given the production he is getting for the small amount of ice time he gets.  

I wouldn't but playing only four minutes in the San Jose game - after he's scored a goal early...?  

I couldn't explain Petan either...

I think Dano would be great in a Perrault 4th line role - i.e. getting powerplay time, he can play the 'front of the net' role that Lowry was supposed to...

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I wouldn't but playing only four minutes in the San Jose game - after he's scored a goal early...?  

I couldn't explain Petan either...

I think Dano would be great in a Perrault 4th line role - i.e. getting powerplay time, he can play the 'front of the net' role that Lowry was supposed to...

yeah that makes sense - really like Dano's hands on that goal he scored yesterday.  Kid has talent, just not a lot of room on this roster with all of the talent that is already there.  I can't believe I am writing that.

10 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The way things are rolling Little or Scheif will be #3 C. 3rd LW is still weak.

Scheifele is not going to be #3C...  let's see the matchups Wheeler's line gets tonight, I still say Perrault-Little-Ehlers is our actual #1 line right now

Be pretty crazy to have four lines with scoring touch...  of course, there's no way Maurice sits Matthias, Tanev and Hendricks...

Connor-Scheif-Ehlers

Copp-Wheeler-Laine

Perrault-Little-Armia

Roslo-Lowry-Dano

20 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Scheifele is not going to be #3C...  let's see the matchups Wheeler's line gets tonight, I still say Perrault-Little-Ehlers is our actual #1 line right now

Be pretty crazy to have four lines with scoring touch...  of course, there's no way Maurice sits Matthias, Tanev and Hendricks...

Even now we already have four lines with scoring touch.  What was the stat, 17 players have a point since Scheifele went out?  That's crazy scoring depth.

47 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Even now we already have four lines with scoring touch.  What was the stat, 17 players have a point since Scheifele went out?  That's crazy scoring depth.

Confidence is contagious and the entire team seems to be playing with it lately, much like we saw for most of October and basically all of November.

Currently top 3 in GFPG, top 10 in GAPG, and tied for 1st in FO win %... Quality.

Edited by blue_gold_84
stats added

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Connor-Scheif-Ehlers

Copp-Wheeler-Laine

Perrault-Little-Armia

Roslo-Lowry-Dano

Hendricks game thus far and his influence on the bench (and inside the locker room sources say), no way you sit him. 

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Agreed.  I'll take what Hendricks and Tanev bring over "OMG Dano, such potential, omg" any day.

That's a ridiculous statement.  No evidence to take Tanev over Dano... other than the fact that Tanev skates all over the place - which is kind of what you're not supposed to do.  Give Dano a few more games and maybe 10 whole minutes...

Hendricks I'd be fine with... but I'm not sure this team falls apart without Hendricks - there's still Little, Wheeler, etc...  healthy scratch.

33 minutes ago, Floyd said:

That's a ridiculous statement.  No evidence to take Tanev over Dano... other than the fact that Tanev skates all over the place - which is kind of what you're not supposed to do.  Give Dano a few more games and maybe 10 whole minutes...

Hendricks I'd be fine with... but I'm not sure this team falls apart without Hendricks - there's still Little, Wheeler, etc...  healthy scratch.

I'd have said the same about Tanev too.....back in October.   League's leader in hits before he got hurt isn't just skating all over the place.  He's our best forechecker & very responsible in his own zone.  Maybe most importantly...esp if comparing to Dano, Tanev's got that "give an F" factor.  Dude works his tail off.   Fairly or unfairly, that's a knock on Dano at this point. 

The way we're playing, I'm a firm advocate for as little change as possible when healthy.   Roslo ain't being wasted in the A at 20 yrs old.  

Maurice will run the lineup he thinks gives him best chance at W's.    Based solely on this year, who are we to argue? 

58 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Agreed.  I'll take what Hendricks and Tanev bring over "OMG Dano, such potential, omg" any day.

its disturbing how many people are up in arms that Tanev and Hendricks are getting so much ice time.  I can't see either one of them doing anything wrong out there and warranting being taken off the game day lineup .   I'm constantly at odds with people who say Hendricks should sit/be sent down in favour of a Roslo or Lemeiux.     I get both of those youngsters are talents but you cannot teach what Hendricks brings to the table.   what he does infects the rest of his line mates and guys on the bench. Him blocking shots, fighting guys a foot taller then him, grinding away and chipping in with points..   I honestly can't see why he has so much ire directed at him