Game 47 : Cold Feet @ Hot Coals

Just now, Mark F said:

Wasn't it just last season that the Jets penalty kill was fairly bad?

They sure fixed that up.

Jets seem a bit more aggressive - I still see the collapsing box though...

I wonder if the biggest change on this team is not replacing Mark Stuart with Kulikov...  I just remember so many deflating goals with Mark Stuart standing basically in the crease

Enstrom is also not our PK go to guy anymore 

43 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Paul Maurice talked about it in his presser yesterday that the NHL is mandated to match teams up off the bye. Both teams have had byes at the same time to even it up. 

Yup. Last year was BS. Wasnt the case last year. Good call to change it up. 

Edited by Goalie

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ehlers was speedy and dangerous... Special player, that guy... 

Everyone talks about how great and talented Scheifele, Wheeler, and Laine are and I agree they are but for my money and my newly bought jersey Ehlers is the most talented player on the team.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mike Smith played his ass off for the Flames. It should have been 4 or 5-1 for the Jets. Hellebuyck came up big in the OT & shootout. Nice win. Now on to Vancouver for the Canuckleheads. 

Not to nit pick by we are playing at home tomorrow, Canucks are also playing in Edmonton tonight so they wont be that fresh

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Everyone talks about how great and talented Scheifele, Wheeler, and Laine are and I agree they are but for my money and my newly bought jersey Ehlers is the most talented player on the team.

People thought the number 13 was unlucky but then they put Tanev's name on top of it.

winnipeg-jets-brandon-tanev-logo.jpg

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

17 hours ago, Goalie said:

Better overall team won. 

Jets are better than Calgary. 

I hope the CBC announcers will be ok tho...Romaniuk can wipe his tears in his Flames jersey

Yes after the Flames scored their first goal I thought Romaniuk was going to pass out.

I have a nickname for my favorite Jet #33.

Bored Buff. He just looks so uninterested right now. He is at his best when he plays with an edge. There has been no edge lately. Something is going on. Hope he pulls out of it.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yes after the Flames scored their first goal I thought Romaniuk was going to pass out.

I have a nickname for my favorite Jet #33.

Bored Buff. He just looks so uninterested right now. He is at his best when he plays with an edge. There has been no edge lately. Something is going on. Hope he pulls out of it.

He had one good play in OT other then that...

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Really?  I thought he was pretty into the game until the very end...  looked like Angry Buff to me around our own net

I think he just gets gassed when he plays over 20 mins...  he almost hit 25 - OT was scary with him out there