Glenn to Edm

Booch

Davis been here for several years, got one half to show something.

thirty whole minutes of actual game time.

That is whacky. Has never been explained in any reasonable way.

I know the record is good, I know, who am I to question the team, I know everything is great,

but some of the things done by the Bombers are quite hard to understand.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Davis been here for several years, got one half to show something. thirty whole minutes of actual game time.

That is wacky. Has never been explained in any reasonable way. I know the record is good, I know, who am I to question the team, I know everything is great,

Apart from Hurl, the greatest disappointment this past season was the performances of LeFevour and Davis, particularly Davis.  LeFevour is who he is but Davis had ample prep time and was so unable to gain the confidence of the coaches that he was shunted aside in favour of a known but very limited retread. Why the heck did it take so long for the Bomber brain trust to see this, and more importantly, replace him?

56 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Davis been here for several years, got one half to show something.

thirty whole minutes of actual game time.

That is whacky. Has never been explained in any reasonable way.

I know the record is good, I know, who am I to question the team, I know everything is great,

The problem was that he looked incredibly shaky.  It would be one thing if he looked confident out there but for whatever reason the offense was stalling. However, that wasn’t the case. 

15 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The problem was that he looked incredibly shaky.  It would be one thing if he looked confident out there but for whatever reason the offense was stalling. However, that wasn’t the case. 

Would anyone look confident with that offense around them? A big reason the Bombers are front runners for Durant is Lapo and his offense.... 

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

if we did, it would be very reminiscent to me of the signing of Roy Dewalt by the Bombers in 1988.  Great vet and mentor  but extremely past his prime.

Good comparison perhaps but I'd risk Durant over Davis/Lefevour. I mean in a perfect world our scouts find a new to the CFL quality backup who can grow into a starting QB but that has not happened in Winnipeg since 1990.

21 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Good comparison perhaps but I'd risk Durant over Davis/Lefevour. I mean in a perfect world our scouts find a new to the CFL quality backup who can grow into a starting QB but that has not happened in Winnipeg since 1990.

So much depends upon - what hasn’t happened since 1990. 

12 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Exactly my point.  I don’t understand how anyone believes that Davis and LeFevour are better than Durant.

They aren't and I hope we are at least going to kick the tires on Durant....I'm sure they (his tires that is) were on fire in Mont. along with the rest of that team and playing here as our back-up would be a great place for him to finish his career....Get er done Kyle.

Two points regarding this thread:

1)  Durant likely still believes he can compete as a starter somewhere.  Where?  I'm not sure.  If he came to grips with the reality, he likely would have agreed to a contract restructure.  Now he is unemployed.  Classic example of risk versus the reward.

2)  People can crap all over Davis all they want, but the truth of it is, he needs more playing time to actually get better.  Starting from scratch with someone with no experience is going back to square one yet again.   Regardless of how long Davis has been with the team, it's too soon to write him off for good. 

29 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

1)  Durant likely still believes he can compete as a starter somewhere.  Where?  I'm not sure.  If he came to grips with the reality, he likely would have agreed to a contract restructure.  Now he is unemployed.  Classic example of risk versus the reward.

2)  People can crap all over Davis all they want, but the truth of it is, he needs more playing time to actually get better.  Starting from scratch with someone with no experience is going back to square one yet again.   Regardless of how long Davis has been with the team, it's too soon to write him off for good. 

How can he get more playing time here if the coaches do not have confidence in his abilities? They have slowly tried to bring him along and when he got his chance he was like a deer in the headlights reaction....its professional sports you have to grab your chance when it comes along. Time to move  on.

This team needs a legitimate 2nd string QB.....plain and simple.  Durant is going to get a deal somewhere heavily based on playtime. I won’t be surprised if that is back in Mtl. That still remains his best opportunity to get either the starting job back...or the most playtime. He has to realize that Wpg only gets him PT if Nichols goes down.

3 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

If you had an employee who was in training for 3 years and still felt he/she could not step into the breech and showed he/she could not, you would fire that person and look elsewhere for someone who could. This is not rocket surgery.