Glenn to Edm

Booch

I don't think Davis played scared ,    I remember Brink facing pressure and skipping passes whenever he had to make a throw on the run.      

From what I remember when Davis played the play calling was ultra conservative and they did not lean on the rb's which is odd since I would assume getting them involved would open up more options for Davis down the field.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah for whatever reason he seemed to have a different demeanor in the games last year....I was shocked actually. Not sure if he didn't want to make a mistake so he reigned things in or what...but to me he looked like a totally different QB

He has the skill set...and should know the system...If he doesn't really light it up this camp I see him as being gone...which is too bad 

I think that he is probably on his make or break moment this season as well, yup.  Its not like we need to sign him to a new contract or throw money at him.. hes rostered. If he flops, it will be a shame but not a terrible situation beyond starting from scratch yet again..

physical tools definitely there but the mental side.. gotta hope he can focus and put it all together this year.

28 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Nichols started but I don't think the offence was on the field that much with Bridge absolutely torching our D

Lefevour scored most of our points.

If by most you mean 14... Yeah.. Fever was 7/9 for 88 yds 2 TDS. 

Davis was 5/8 for 90 yards and 1 TD. 

Nichols was 5 of 8 for 32 yards. 

The other guy was 2 of 6 for 15 yards. 

Edited by Goalie

Guys, in no way am I trying to pump Davis' tires, or justify his spot on the roster.  I know nothing of the future of the backup QB position. 

All I am merely saying is that the guy is still here for a reason, and in my own opinion needs to see a little more game action before determining his fate.  

If one of our prospects comes in to camp and outperforms Davis, then a decision will have to made between him and Lefevour.

We'll see what happens. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue said:

Guys, in no way am I trying to pump Davis' tires, or justify his spot on the roster.  I know nothing of the future of the backup QB position. 

All I am merely saying is that the guy is still here for a reason, and in my own opinion needs to see a little more game action before determining his fate.  

If one of our prospects comes in to camp and outperforms Davis, then a decision will have to made between him and Lefevour.

We'll see what happens. 

lefevour is out of the equation, no?  Hes a FA at this point..

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

We'll see what happens. 

I doubt both LeFevour and Davis will be in camp.  Either we re-sign LeFevour and cut Davis, or we don't re-sign LeFevour.  I'd be shocked and pretty disappointed if they are both here.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I doubt both LeFevour and Davis will be in camp.  Either we re-sign LeFevour and cut Davis, or we don't re-sign LeFevour.  I'd be shocked and pretty disappointed if they are both here.

I will be disappointed but not shocked if either or both are still here at training camp. Even in his dotage, McManus would be a better option.