Glenn to Edm

Booch

On 1/19/2018 at 8:05 PM, Floyd said:

All he'd have to do is still be a bomber and Spuds would be leading the HOF campaign... ;)

actually, no.. but thanks for coming out.  I've been critical of Glenn since he was here the first time around.. I simply don't believe he is a very good QB.   the fact he threw for 50k shows hes been in the league for eons... bout it.   I really don't see that as some reason to get into the hall of fame.  Do linemen who have 10 year careers but have nothing noteworthy to speak of in their careers beyond having said career get in?   What about a canadian receiver who plays for 11 years primarily as a blocker/decoy?    Any QB who is in this league for as long as Glenn has been masquerading as a starter will pile  up yards.   I don't see the hall of fame worthiness..

On 1/19/2018 at 9:34 PM, JCon said:

He's a depth guy who always managed to find himself starting. Quite incredible, really. 

is it? In the CFL where we have seen some of the worst QBs to ever put on cleats, get opportunities to start, let alone ride the bench?  What's incredible is that he keeps getting signed.   Its not like hes beating out Reilly or Nichols for those starts either.. he gets the job due to the inability for anyone else to come in and play mediocre lol.     He a career journey man #2 who has had the luck to put it together for a few seasons before regressing back to his usual level of play.. 

On 1/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, Brandon said:

It depends on what you consider worthy of the HOF.     Is it deserving of a player who completely dominated at his position even for a short amount of time,  or is it about longevity and being above average yet never the best at his position?   

Did Glenn ever really even dominate though?  He had a few really good seasons on some solid teams but never really dominated imo.  He isn't a QB who can put a team on his shoulders and carry them to the win..

On 1/19/2018 at 9:37 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Incredible as it is I think it speaks to his professionalism as a player.

I think it speaks to his smarts when it comes to signing a contract.. I think it speaks to knowing when to take the bench as an option when you see the trash ahead of you lol.  Hes been pretty lucky, you have to admit.. he hasn't really been forced to win his job outright.. often its been due to injury.

On 1/20/2018 at 12:16 AM, Jpan85 said:

All things being equal feel like Nichols will be the franchise leader in a lot categories before he is done.

I agree with this as long he stays healthy.. *knock on wood*

On 1/20/2018 at 1:21 PM, rebusrankin said:

Glenn is not a Hall of Fame QB. He is a good QB who played for a long time which allowed him to compile big stats. The Testaverde comparison is a good one. Glenn has never been the all CFL QB and was the East All star QB once. Then compare him to the 3 guys whose careers overlap the most: Ricky Ray, Henry Burris and Anthony Calvillo. All three put up better #s, all three won the cup, all three were considered better QBs than Glenn. Then if you look at the later part of his career (2013-2017), BLM, Mike Reilly, Collaros, Harris and Nichols have been viewed as better. In the early part of his career, Khari, McMannus and Allen stick out as QBs who'd be considered better. Glenn has had a nice QB and he's a better QB than any of us but he is not a Hall of Fame QB.

exactly!  His only claim to fame here is the yardage totals which are only so lofty because he has been in this league for so long, found himself teams whom had #1 starter issues and he would step into "start" after he had a few legit good starting seasons in Hamilton and here in Winnipeg.  I really don't see how throwing a bunch of yards, in a QB league, is enough to warrant a HOF nom.

On 1/20/2018 at 1:52 PM, Blueandgold said:

An MOP winner and a man with multiple grey cup rings should not be getting compared to Kevin Glenn.

bingo.  Accomplishments versus managing to convince people to keep giving you a contract.

On 1/20/2018 at 2:10 PM, rebusrankin said:

Allen has an MOP award, Glenn does not. Allen was a much better threat with his legs (a 1000 yard rushing season as a QB, 4 season over 830 yards rushing, 8 season over 700 yards rushing). Regular season Allen was better a better QB than Glenn when you factor in what a dual threat he was and what he brought overall to the offense. Then you add in the 4 Grey Cup wins and the fact that he was MOP in 3 of them and its no contest.

How anyone can compare Allen to Glenn is absurd.

On 1/20/2018 at 5:01 PM, rebusrankin said:

So we ignore Allen's MOP, we ignore the fact that he was a dual threat QB who brought a dimension that Glenn did not to the game and we ignore the fact that Allen had a winning record and Glenn does not so that we can accept 17to85's contention that Allen was average in the regular season and that they are similar guys in the regular season?

lol. seems like it, reject our version of reality and institute this one instead, just because.

32 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

is it? In the CFL where we have seen some of the worst QBs to ever put on cleats, get opportunities to start, let alone ride the bench?  What's incredible is that he keeps getting signed.   Its not like hes beating out Reilly or Nichols for those starts either.. he gets the job due to the inability for anyone else to come in and play mediocre lol.     He a career journey man #2 who has had the luck to put it together for a few seasons before regressing back to his usual level of play.. 

Yes, some of the worst get a chance to start but he's not one of them. They get found out under the lights.

The guy has put up 50k passing yards. You don't get that holding a clipboard or only playing garbage time.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, some of the worst get a chance to start but he's not one of them. They get found out under the lights.

The guy has put up 50k passing yards. You don't get that holding a clipboard or only playing garbage time.

No but you do get that for playing for over a decade... and being the next man up on numerous occasions.    He has had the benefit of starters going down in front of him... and him being air-lifted in... on more then one occasion.   And then, when the dust settles... hes either traded or cut.   why is that?  If he is a hof'er candidate, would he have been so oft kicked to the curb or traded away for some pretty piddly returns? 

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 9:26 AM, Noeller said:

who says he's going in the Hall? Hell, Damon Allen took a couple years to get there....if Glenn never wins a cup, there's no guarantee he ever gets there...

You know they'll put him in there at some point, maybe not first ballot, but they will.   Damon Allen got in and he was nothing special, just hung around for a long time.  There's a long list of QBS I'd rather have if I need to win one game specifically.