Glenn to Edm

Booch

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

Nichols is only 30.  There is no desperate need to replace him.  Let's find a decent QB prospect rather than hoping something finally clicks for Davis after multiple years.  It just doesn't happen for some guys and no amount of time will change that.

Let's sign Durant for a great 1/2 punch and then find a legitimate QB prospect for the first time in this regime's history.

Yeah, I like that. I'm all for signing Durant. Davis is a slug whose had 3 years to figure it out. LeFevour. Is. Just. Awful. Get rid of him. Having a short yardage  qb with no passing skills is just too much to sacrifice in the long term. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

By his third year, Allen had thrown for over 4000 yards, 28 tds and came off the bench to lead Edmonton to a Grey Cup win and was GC MOP.  Calvillo has almost 8000 passing yards and 45 tds in his first three years. Shaky both may have been but they showed far more than Davis.

Methinks thou sets the bar too high.

3 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

There is another way to look at this too: Rarely does a CFL QB look good in his 1st start/1st time getting into a game...the exceptions that I can think of were:Kent Austin, Doug Flutie and Jeff Garcia. Most guys need plenty of time. I am not saying Davis will develop into a CFL starter if given more time. I just think he was given limited reps, was hamstrung by poor play calling when in there, and then was leapfrogged by LeFevour  which most saw as a real head-stratcher.

I don't recall his first game, but Ricky Ray had a pretty successful first season as well from what I recall.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I really liked Bridge's scrambling ability, he was fun to watch, even though he played for the mustache riders.

I am also a fan of a QB who can scare the opposition as a threat to run and run well, if that is the best option. I suspect that the door is closing for Bridge to sow that he can be a legitimate starter. Its now or never for him.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I'd look into trading for Adams. Riders have spent a bunch of $$$ on QB's. They should be happy to get rid of their #3 (Adams)  for very little. As we can't seem to find a QB on our own, it would be worth it.

God. Picking through Rider leftovers- are the Bombers that desperate/inept?

Davis' performance reminded me of Alex Brink's first start 6 or so years ago.  Deer in headlights...just a disaster.  

If need be, bring him back for training camp I guess.  It would be nice if the bombers brought in some legit  competition for a developmental Qb who can actually develop into a starter for a change.

15 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Davis' performance reminded me of Alex Brink's first start 6 or so years ago.  Deer in headlights...just a disaster.  

If need be, bring him back for training camp I guess.  It would be nice if the bombers brought in some legit  competition for a developmental Qb who can actually develop into a starter for a change.

and its been that way every game he gets into..  He looks scared and hesitant to make a play.  I keep hoping the more he gets in game, the calmer he will become and more comfortable...  He does have a good arm and excellent scrambling ability...  Now I realize his sample size is small.. but has he shown something (anything) beyond looked pensive?  The game should be slowing down for him by now by virtue of reps in practice and camp I would have thought..

33 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

and its been that way every game he gets into.. 

....which is exactly how many? He has virtually no regular season game time.......and when he played in pre-season last year, he looked outstanding and people on here were raving! 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

....which is exactly how many? He has virtually no regular season game time.......and when he played in pre-season last year, he looked outstanding and people on here were raving! 

Like I said, his sample size is tiny.. but even in that little bit of time, he should have shown something.  some glimpse that he could be capable of carrying the mail should Nichols be down.. he really didn't.   I'm loathe to give up on a guy with such tools and ability this quick BUT I also don't want to see the bombers invest another season or two on a backup who might not even be worth being given the #2 spot at this point..    How many times have we been down this avenue?

Just now, Booch said:

actually in game time Apodaca made Lefevours regular season work look like Montana...Apodaca couldn't make a pass if his life depended on it

Davis moved ball quite well and looked very poised

you think he can get over the hump?   when the pressure is off, he looks good but when the bullets fly and the real lights are on, he looked so shaky and forced all his throws it seemed..

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Davis played most of the last game in 2015 losing to the Argos 21-11, he went 16/25 for 64.0% 169 yds 0 TD 0 Int.

He didn't accomplish much but he didn't look too badly out of place either.

14 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

you think he can get over the hump?   when the pressure is off, he looks good but when the bullets fly and the real lights are on, he looked so shaky and forced all his throws it seemed..

Yeah for whatever reason he seemed to have a different demeanor in the games last year....I was shocked actually. Not sure if he didn't want to make a mistake so he reigned things in or what...but to me he looked like a totally different QB

He has the skill set...and should know the system...If he doesn't really light it up this camp I see him as being gone...which is too bad 

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

actually in game time Apodaca made Lefevours regular season work look like Montana...Apodaca couldn't make a pass if his life depended on it

Davis moved ball quite well and looked very poised

I don't really remember him even playing... just that people were nuts for him

LeFevour and Davis played mostly garbage time in pre-season