Top 10 Greatest Bomber Moments of All Time

TrueBlue4ever

In no particular order, these are moments from games I can actually remember watching:

1. Bolden int in 2001 East Final

2. Grey int in 1988 Grey Cup

3. Battle int in 1990 Grey Cup.

4. Tom Burgess run to put us in fg range in the 1990 East final

5. Beasley OT int on Printers to end the game

6. Ron Warner's tackle on Amerson in 2000 East semi

7. Stegall catch in Edmonton

8. Harris td for miracle comeback against Als

9-10 Stegall's two td record breakers against Hamilton and Toronto

Edited by sweep the leg

IIRC (I have the worst memory of any human being) the first family member that graced OB was the mother of a player. I think he was a defensive lineman.   I think Graham was his first or last name.   He didn't last long and of course the family member usually disappears as soon as the player leaves. 

Edited by B-F-F-C

14 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

IIRC (I have the worst memory of any human being) the first family member that graced OB was the mother of a player. I think he was a defensive lineman.   I think Graham was his first or last name.   He didn't last long and of course the family member usually disappears as soon as the player leaves. 

There was also Jon Ryan's dad, Bob, who passed away from cancer unfortunately, if memory serves..... 

The sister of former Stamps safety Eric Fraser used to post on the Stamps fan forum. However, only when someone criticized her brother. Then she'd go crazy with rage.  She'd fight, argue & insult anyone who thought Eric played badly. Which was most times as he really wasn't that good. Couldn't cover the field as he wasn't fast enough & couldn't recognize  the play in time.  One day Fraser gave up a TD late & the Stamps lost the game. Afterwards there was all kinds of criticism about how he played & she went nuts on everyone with anger & insults. Finally, I posted calling her an idiot, that she's embarrassing her brother as well as the Stampeder organization  & not making it better for him with the fans by acting like a petulant child on the forum & if she didn't like criticism of her brother to get lost & stay away. Anyway, that seemed to work as she didn't post as much after that. Then he was drafted by Ottawa & she disappeared. So, I'll take credit for that. LOL. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

By no means one of the greatest moments of all-time but for me, personally, one of the best bomber moments was their 4th quarter comeback in 2010 in overtime against the B.C. Lions when they were down 32-14 with about 10 minutes left in the 4th... got season tickets the next year and haven't looked back. Here's a link to the highlights if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj8fPebMdPI

On 1/20/2018 at 1:07 PM, Noeller said:

There was also Jon Ryan's dad, Bob, who passed away from cancer unfortunately, if memory serves..... 

He was a great guy.  Since it was the days of local blackouts he actually mailed me (via John's sister, I believe) a VHS tape of the first Banjo Bowl.

In PMs we joked about what a goof Marty York was. :D

On 1/17/2018 at 2:52 PM, sweep the leg said:

In no particular order, these are moments from games I can actually remember watching:

1. Bolden int in 2001 East Final

2. Grey int in 1988 Grey Cup

3. Battle int in 1990 Grey Cup.

4. Tom Burgess run to put us in fg range in the 1990 East final

5. Beasley OT int on Printers to end the game

6. Ron Warner's tackle on Amerson in 2000 East semi

7. Stegall catch in Edmonton

8. Harris td for miracle comeback against Als

9-10 Stegall's two td record breakers against Hamilton and Toronto

Good list. I'll shoehorn in David Shaw's int in the 84 Grey Cup that began the turnaround from being down 14-3. BB scored 27 in the second quarter and never looked back.