Darian Durant signs with Bombers

Jpan85

19 hours ago, Goalie said:

Both are backups who wont play much. Glenn is also 3 years older than Durant. 

So we aren't allowed to talk it because they "won't play much"? IIRC almost every starting quarterback got injured last season at one point so quit trying to play this down.

I don't care what Durant did last season, I've seen him play for how many years now and know the guy can compete and play football, having a proven veteran to come in relief pitching duties is a breath of fresh air and in a new offence I think we can see him come back to form. 

Nichols, Durant, Buck and Lapo all in the same QB room will be huge for us even if Durant doesn't see a single snap, and you can't tell me that won't have an impact.

Edited by Gotmilt

45 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think the fact that he will be playing behind a better o-line,  the best RB in the league,   a receiver that he is very familiar with and an o-coordinator that has worked a lot with him before just may be tiny factors in why people are optimistic of him being a good back up.

When did you trade for James Wilder Jr? ;)

Woukd

7 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Bombers must be satisfied that whatever was causing Durant to repeatedly throw balls into the turf, is correctable.

Kavis said at the time that it was simply a case that Durant's mechanics were off. How is that possible with a vet of Durant's experience?

Hopefully he'll get a couple of quarters of game action in preseason and everyone will get a chance to see if he can throw on target.

Well, we all know how good Reed's judgement is.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Ah, the annual backup quarterback and recognizable name suggestions that are no longer in the league...!!

I say Brock Jensen for third stringer!!!

If Durant makes the 'Double D' sign after touchdowns, I'm in favour of this signing.

DDP.gif

Would our new quarterback have his coffee served in a double d cup?

10 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Sorry, I actually did miss it.  Durant was part of the problem in Montreal, not part of the solution. He himself said that he needed to play better and stayed in Montreal on a bye week to go thru every pass he'd made up until that time. Didn't help, tho.  He still came out and played badly after that. FTR: He was part of the Riders problems in 2016 too.

Everyone was talking about it last year, from sports casters to fans in forums. I'd guess if we hadn't signed Durant ourselves, that most on this forum would say he's done.

Again, thinking Rakeem Cato would be the answer instead of Durant is well.... not the answer. Cato was a headcase & never was very good. And again.... Durant did not sign to be the starter & he won't be. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Bombers must be satisfied that whatever was causing Durant to repeatedly throw balls into the turf, is correctable.

Kavis said at the time that it was simply a case that Durant's mechanics were off. How is that possible with a vet of Durant's experience?

Hopefully he'll get a couple of quarters of game action in preseason and everyone will get a chance to see if he can throw on target.

We have Dressler and he's built as close to the turf as you can get, so maybe, this all works out.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, WBBFanWest said:

We have Dressler and he's built as close to the turf as you can get, so maybe, this all works out.

As well all of those 6ft plus defenders will be pushed hard to defend that combo...DD to D, boot topping it all the way down the field for 6...I can see it all now