Game 49 : Blue Thunder @ Jaws

46 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Plus Minus is as irrelevant as it gets. 

Heres an example. 

Random player lets say Dano goes to change.. While thats happening the other team comes down the ice.. Dano steps off... Roslo steps on.. Other team scores half second later.. Roslo = -1 eventho he just literally stepped on the ice for half a second. 

I disagree that it is irrelevant.  I do feel +/- is imperfect specifically for the reasons you point out, but those examples are more the exception than the norm.   +/- again is also less useful over small sample sizes, again for the same reasons, but using it over larger samples, and using it as a measure say in relative terms to one's teammates, can provide some insight to one's play.  As with all stats, +/- can be used in conjunction with many other stats and observations to assess a player's overall performance. 

Now, when it comes to using +/- as a scoring category for fantasy hockey, I would completely agree, it  has no value.

21 hours ago, Atomic said:

The thing is, we basically have our top 3 centres set for the next 5 years unless we move on from Lowry... and that doesn't seem likely.  So putting Roslo at wing just gives him the best chance to contribute.

If it was 2012 Roslo could play centre on our second line but those days are gone Jimmy Goalie ,  let it go.