Will Walters go all out at MLB?

BigBlue

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sign Konar at WIL and move JSK to MLB, preserving the ratio flexibility without Hurl.

Not a bad strategy. The only issue I see is we have Ian Wild coming back to play the Will position.  We need to give ourselves option at several positions to star more canadians. I’d love to see his sign Nick Demski and give him reps at his natural runningback position as well as slot.  Make him an option to spell Harris at times. 

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

Not a bad strategy. The only issue I see is we have Ian Wild coming back to play the Will position.  We need to give ourselves option at several positions to star more canadians. I’d love to see his sign Nick Demski and give him reps at his natural runningback position as well as slot.  Make him an option to spell Harris at times. 

We definitely need an alternate for Wild for when/if he gets injured. Assuming that Leggett is re-signed and JSK is filling one of our LB slots, Wild needs to be rotational or have a strong candidate behind him.

41 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Demski not an FA... nevermind, he is.. thanks google!

Edited by SPuDS
I stand corrected!

14 minutes ago, mbrg said:

I thought he was a safety, but Walters is definitely the kind of guy who would go all-out at whatever position he lines up at.  I think he's still younger than Lui Pasaglia, so why not give it a go?

I'd rather see MOS strap 'em on again.......*YOU* tell him he can't line up at MACK this year....

4 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Also should get Coombs and LaFrance and have an four man all-Manitoba backfield.

Not realistic or practical?  Who cares!  It would still be awesome.  You know how most amps go to 10?  Ours go to 11!  Turn the amps up to 11 Walters!

9 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Also should get Coombs and LaFrance and have an four man all-Manitoba backfield.

Not realistic or practical?  Who cares!  It would still be awesome.  You know how most amps go to 10?  Ours go to 11!  Turn the amps up to 11 Walters!

Yeah.. I've been holding out for getting one of these Winnipeg products in our lineup. LeFrance ended up being way overpaid which is good for him. Perhaps he will end up here one day but I think he's more of a backup/change of pace guy.   I'm not really sure why Demski was't utilized more last season in Saskatchewan. He got off to a good start and then it seemed like they just never featured him again. I think in Winnipeg he would have a breakout season.