Will Walters go all out at MLB?

BigBlue

23 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Not a bad strategy. The only issue I see is we have Ian Wild coming back to play the Will position.  We need to give ourselves option at several positions to star more canadians. I’d love to see his sign Nick Demski and give him reps at his natural runningback position as well as slot.  Make him an option to spell Harris at times. 

Demski has never played rb but I do want/ need him in Blue and Gold.

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Not in the CFL but he played RB for the Bisons before they switched him to receiver.

Because they had a better option at RB. Doesn't bode well for his CFL future at the position. 

He's probably best used as an Andre Durie type hybrid, but his injury issues are concerning.

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Because they had a better option at RB. Doesn't bode well for his CFL future at the position. 

He's probably best used as an Andre Durie type hybrid, but his injury issues are concerning.

I was amped about Demski as a BB option last year but now wonder about his injury hx as well.  Has it been two season enders in two years?

As a Winnipeg boy I think I may have overvalued his potential contribution....but it's not me signing the cheques, so I'll let Kyle make that call.

12 hours ago, Jesse said:

I mean, Coombs wasn’t necessarily better than Demski. It’s just that Coombs at RB and Demski at receiver was the best use of talent possible. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:07 PM, Floyd said:

Konar would be a no-brainer...  can't see him hitting free agency though, fingers crossed

I'd make an offer to Jeff Knox Jr - or gamble on Deron Mayo - value signings

Otherwise, I'm fine with JSK at MLB and some new blood or Wild in a pinch

For ratio - I'd target Konar, Demski, Gascon-Nadon, Menard...

The way Dickenson was describing Mayo a few weeks ago to the Calgary media I think his career is over. 

3 hours ago, James said:

I'd like Posey or Devarius Daniels... Demski, Reed or Dean, and a DB like Grymes or Wall... get the cheapest out of those guys while the rest of the GMs scurry for the elite free agents

Several of these are definitely interesting- like Demski and Reed, whereas some are not going to be moving- like Grymes. Walters has to know that the Bombers are 3-4 players away from going to the cup, so cheaping out is not going to get the team there. Walters has to balance benefit against cost, and I would bet that if the Bombers were real close to winning it all, he would be willing to go over the cap a bit and take the hit.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Several of these are definitely interesting- like Demski and Reed, whereas some are not going to be moving- like Grymes. Walters has to know that the Bombers are 3-4 players away from going to the cup, so cheaping out is not going to get the team there. Walters has to balance benefit against cost, and I would bet that if the Bombers were real close to winning it all, he would be willing to go over the cap a bit and take the hit.

I wouldnt call that cheaping out. I think its about finding the up and comers wgo have some serious potential before they are there commanding top dollar. Guys like dionte spencer are getting so much hype. Ted Laurent and Jamaal Westerman are going to get a HUGE pay day. Laurent already is paid very lucratively and we obviously cant afford him. Adam Konar is another one, being so young and flashing so much ability AND being Canadian... 

We need to find the guys who are still on the brink of emerging who wont cost 250k to bring in, but are pretty much as good as the guus who are. We have our share of elite talent already, we need more guys who, like Posey for example, are going to be on the cusp of elite. Plus Posey really fits what we need here

9 minutes ago, James said:

I wouldnt call that cheaping out. I think its about finding the up and comers wgo have some serious potential before they are there commanding top dollar. Guys like dionte spencer are getting so much hype. Ted Laurent and Jamaal Westerman are going to get a HUGE pay day. Laurent already is paid very lucratively and we obviously cant afford him. Adam Konar is another one, being so young and flashing so much ability AND being Canadian... 

We need to find the guys who are still on the brink of emerging who wont cost 250k to bring in, but are pretty much as good as the guus who are. We have our share of elite talent already, we need more guys who, like Posey for example, are going to be on the cusp of elite. Plus Posey really fits what we need here

But his Brother Julian was a DB for the bombers a few years ago. 

Reed would be a fantastic signing. We don't need new blood on in the LB corpse or the secondary. They need vets back there that know the game. Reed and Heath or Leggett are must signings if you ask me. On O I'd like to get Posey or even a cheap Bowman. Honestly, wouldn't mind making a cheap trade for Wilder at this point. Let him go get denied in the NFL. lol worth the shot, him and Harris in the back field would be damn near unstoppable. No offence to Flanders who is a solid back himself.