Will Walters go all out at MLB?

BigBlue

29 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Sorry I should clarify. I don't want Rookies in the LB core. I'm all for a few new faces as long as they have CFL experience.

Go re-read your post that Mark responded to.......you're either missing it or you're just really dumb.....I'm not sure which, yet....

12 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Thats fine... there is still a lot of dbs that are pending free agents that could help us that wont be the main attraction, id love to get one of the guys from Calgary

Edited by James

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I really like this Konar kid in Edm.....Bear Woods, woulds be another candidate or J.C. Sherritt...Anyone of those guys would be a huge improvement over Hurl, who I hope is not re-signed....IF Walters opens the wallet for any of the aforementioned ..That would be a good thing 

The MLB in Ottawa would be a great addition. I forget his name. 

What if they do go with Santos L. Halper as the middle linebacker? With Wild at Wil... would that make people happy? Is Knox stilla round? I seem to remember people thinking he might be suited to the middle linebacker role. 

Or is this a case of the only acceptable solution for the position is an outside solution since it left such a bad taste in people's mouths last year? 

5 hours ago, Stickem said:

I really like this Konar kid in Edm.....Bear Woods, woulds be another candidate or J.C. Sherritt...Anyone of those guys would be a huge improvement over Hurl, who I hope is not re-signed....IF Walters opens the wallet for any of the aforementioned ..That would be a good thing 

Konar seemed to have the physical size and skills as well as what used to be called "a nose for the ball"- a kind of spidey sense. I hope that Walters throws good money at him.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

He was a running back originally. He was only switched to receiver because it would increase his odds of having a CFL career due to the number of Canadian receiver jobs in the CFL.

Nope.  Switched because Coombs and Lafrance were in the same backfield and they wanted to get all of them on the field.

38 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Lapo would have a heyday with Demski and LaFrance in this receiving core...  the sweep with Demski instead of Denmark...  or LaFrance taking Flanders place

LaFrance is not an FA though, he signed for 2 years last year.

Then Jones inked Canadian running back Kienan LaFrance for two years in the $110,000 range for 2017

http://3downnation.com/2017/02/14/what-riders-paid/

21 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

LaFrance is not an FA though, he signed for 2 years last year.

http://3downnation.com/2017/02/14/what-riders-paid/

LaFrance has one good game on his resume and has shown nothing to indicate he has the versatility of Timothy Flanders.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

I'd love to see Konar at WIL due to it helping the ratio, it would be a good upgrade and I think he's an up and comer. Would rather not see Wild as the guy is too injury prone. Demski would be a great add due to his versatility and his passport. I'd also like to see us find an impact #2 receiver so Dressler could move to #3.