CFL Combine

Floyd

On 3/17/2018 at 2:39 PM, Mike said:

Simonise is a guy I'd like to see us get - but he's probably a two year guy here and that's it. If he shows absolutely anything at all in the CFL, he's going to the NFL. I'd take it though, our championship window is open.

I'm not sure what to think of Simonise.   He has the physical tools, but even in the CJFL, he got shut down by better teams.  They got in his head, and he was ineffective.   He's been called the "Canadian Duron Carter", and I'm not sure that works in our lockerroom.

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/21/five-players-lose-cfl-combine/

On 3/23/2018 at 12:49 PM, Floyd said:

I watched the OL guys do the 3-cone and shuttle up-close, and Sheply looked kinda 'small' standing around next to most of the others. Had to go back and double-check his weight, and it turned out he was right up there with the other guys at 305. He's definitely leaner and more muscular though, and his testing numbers compared to everyone but Korte show that.

Guys I'm watching closely today in 1 on 1's:

Jackson Bennett DB Ottawa...guy is a freaking beast.  Seen him play enough to know he's going to play in the CFL, just trying to figure out his ceiling.

Dagogo Maxwell DB UBC...physical testing amazing, always has been, on-field hasn't matched.

Godfrey Onyeka DB Laurier...WIL body, moves like a DB.

Bo Banner DE Central Washington...in a class by himself among DE's in this combine physically.  Want to see how he matches up to the OL here.

Micah Teitz LB Calgary...real impressed with his testing, overshadowed in Calgary over the years.

The receivers vs DB's in general is going to be great.  There's not a lot of separation in that group in testing.

Id like to see the amount benched scale with position/weight. Just doesnt make sense to me having a 200 lbs wr who will face 200 lbs or less dbs, and 220 ish sams/Ss bench the same as a linemen. Kinda of a peeve of mine. 

havent watched any drills or tests yet, looks like a few guys put up really good jump numbers though.  Its great to see the over all athleticism at skill positions moving up. 

Any one at the event? how is the atmosphere / presentation?

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

A few of the H-back types doing well in blocking, Tanner Green and David Mackie.

Atlee Simon getting killed. 

Might just be me, or a fondness of those guys/position but it seems like the CIS really churns out those big body Hback type guys.