CFL Combine

Floyd

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Are any of these guys ready to start? 

Chapman and Petermann at receiver.  Onyeka (the DB not the DL).  Jackson Bennett as a safety/WIL/SAM.  I think Brett Wade DT out of Calgary could play some snaps, rest of the DL pretty meh.  Maybe Shepley and Korte at OL will challenge to get on the roster and field as rookies.  Rest need time/will be chasing kicks.  Beaulieu from Western killed the DB/REC special teams drill.

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Simonise was hot garbage in the 1 on 1's.  I think he's likely to fall depending on how he came off in the interviews.  I can't see many teams taking him over Petermann or Chapman.  At best he's the 3rd receiver off the board IMO.

Hes a pure upside pick, since the fall out with the drug test he hasnt seemed to put any of the effort into football required.  If you could get the most out of all the wrs potential, he'd be the best one. But he might have the poorest chance of ever coming close to that. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Hes a pure upside pick, since the fall out with the drug test he hasnt seemed to put any of the effort into football required.  If you could get the most out of all the wrs potential, he'd be the best one. But he might have the poorest chance of ever coming close to that. 

You're waiting for something to "click" in his head, like Carter. But, he may never get it, like Carter. 

Too bad. But he's a human being, prone to mistakes. I hope he's happy and never regrets "what could have been". 

But, wow, would it be good to get him and for him to figure things out. A big chance and not the type of personality Walters seems to want to put in the room. I'm okay with his decisions on personnel and personality. 

16 hours ago, JCon said:

You're waiting for something to "click" in his head, like Carter. But, he may never get it, like Carter. 

Too bad. But he's a human being, prone to mistakes. I hope he's happy and never regrets "what could have been". 

But, wow, would it be good to get him and for him to figure things out. A big chance and not the type of personality Walters seems to want to put in the room. I'm okay with his decisions on personnel and personality. 

Yeah pretty much. Hes still young and I hope he figures it out. 

I look at kozachuk (his hair) and think yeah he fits the bomber mold. I mean who else do we have to rock some awesome locks??? :lol:

43 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Oh, I thought you said star, not guy who caught  passes for 313 yards.  You should probably work a little harder on not making your agenda so obvious.

little early for flaming... and  yeah another typical post from you - pretty tired stuff

Edited by Floyd

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

little early for flaming... and  yeah another typical post from you - pretty tired stuff

So you expect that you can say whatever you want and not be challenged?  I think the thing you are looking for is a blog.  But if you make comments about "stars" with 300 yards of receiving, be prepared to get a little push back.

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

So you expect that you can say whatever you want and not be challenged?  I think the thing you are looking for is a blog.  But if you make comments about "stars" with 300 yards of receiving, be prepared to get a little push back.

300 yards in less than 7 games is a very very good pace especially for a cdn...

do some research before you post

2 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Calling someone a star after only seven games is more than a little premature.  Research complete.

Ha nice retreat...  on pace for 800 yards - yeah that’s enough - you’re the one purposely blowing things out of proportion and accusing me of having an agenda - without even knowing who you’re arguing about 

Schtick is so old man

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Ha nice retreat...  on pace for 800 yards - yeah that’s enough - you’re the one purposely blowing things out of proportion and accusing me of having an agenda - without even knowing who you’re arguing about 

Schtick is so old man

Not sure about a retreat.  I stand by what I said.  If you think he's a "star" after 7 games with  313 yards, I'm going to say that that reason you're saying it has more to do with the jersey he wears, or more to the point, the jersey he doesn't wear.   And you are right, the schtick is old.  But, it's not going to  changes, so,  let's move on...