Mark's CFL Week

TrueBlue

9 hours ago, Mark F said:

good pic, thanks. I didn't realize how large that grey cup is.

I guess cause the guys hoisting it are all giants.

well I kind of had to hold it there, I wasn't allowed to touch the top I can't remember the reason though (I kind of wanted to ask if it was still wobbly after the Lions broke it 12 years ago)

2 hours ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Is it true the turf they used for the combine at the Convention Centre was crap?  I saw some complaining on the Twitter about it over the weekend.

The problem was that it wasn't the same field turf that most other combine and pro-day testing is done on, so you can't make apples-to-apples comparisons. Apparently it's similar to the stuff that is put in gyms and training centres, but there's a huge difference between pushing a sled or doing footwork exercises, and doing speed tests. Don't know if installation played a factor either, but I saw a lot of guys slipping while trying to do the 3-cone and shuttle drills.

1 hour ago, nate007 said:

The problem was that it wasn't the same field turf that most other combine and pro-day testing is done on, so you can't make apples-to-apples comparisons. Apparently it's similar to the stuff that is put in gyms and training centres, but there's a huge difference between pushing a sled or doing footwork exercises, and doing speed tests. Don't know if installation played a factor either, but I saw a lot of guys slipping while trying to do the 3-cone and shuttle drills.

You're being too kind.  The turf was awful.   Think of the same type of material that driving ranges use in their tee boxes.   No underlay, no crumb rubber.  It was rough.

On 2018-03-28 at 4:34 PM, TrueBlue said:

You're being too kind.  The turf was awful.   Think of the same type of material that driving ranges use in their tee boxes.   No underlay, no crumb rubber.  It was rough.

That's brutal... why wouldn't they do it at the UofM soccer complex??

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

That's brutal... why wouldn't they do it at the UofM soccer complex??

It's booked throughout the winter. Although, it appears that Football Manitoba had a clinic running on the Saturday.