Game 69 : Manitoba Museum @ Smithsonian

giphy.gif

Time : Monday 6. TSN3

Stats : Jets 41-18-9 , Caps 38-23-7

Streaks : Jets L1, Caps W1

Game Story : Jets are 3/4 on the longest road trip of the year.

Local Celebrity Quote of the Game : If the Earth gets hit by an asteroid, it's game over. It's control-alt-delete for civilization. Bill Nye

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

53 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Out for tonight.

Kyle Connor-Bryan Little-Blake Wheeler

Brandon Tanev-Andrew Copp-Joel Armia

Mathieu Perreault-Matt Hendricks-Jack Roslovic

I humorously read  that as...Patrik Laine-Paul Stastny-Nikolaj Ehlers was the only working line.

"Rookie Jack Roslovic hasn’t scored in 14 games, although he has managed to chip in with seven assists. Mathieu Perreault hasn’t scored in nine games, and doesn’t even have an helper in that stretch. Veteran centre Bryan Little has also been blanked in his past nine, with just two assists.

Captain Blake Wheeler hasn’t scored in seven games despite having five assists. Kyle Connor is also in a seven-game goal scoring drought, with just one assist."

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I think I would have switched that order, but whatever.  I could see Maurice playing Helle in both.  He really doesn't seem to like Hutch.

Somewhat agree but the same could apply to Mason too, if he wins he should play the next game but I don't think he's done that this year? Too lazy to check.

51 minutes ago, Mark F said:

need someone in addition to laine to get some goals.

yeah we really have only one offensive line right now.  The rest aren't pulling their weight.  The Connor-Little-Wheeler line isn't instilling fear into the hearts of anyone right now.  I predict two losses coming up with all of these injuries.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How so?

Maybe it's just me, but it really seems like Maurice doesn't like/trust Hutch and therefore rarely plays him.  Even though Hutch has been really solid this season, here and in the A.  It could just be Maurice riding the #1, like he's done in the past, I don't know... Just a feeling I get.

48 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Maybe it's just me, but it really seems like Maurice doesn't like/trust Hutch and therefore rarely plays him.  Even though Hutch has been really solid this season, here and in the A.  It could just be Maurice riding the #1, like he's done in the past, I don't know... Just a feeling I get.

Maurice played his backup for like six games during his Hurricane playoff run season...

I think he even rode Raycroft into the ground as well (?)