Game 69 : Manitoba Museum @ Smithsonian

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

And Little had over 22 minutes.

Buff has been playing well lately, but 31 minutes is just too much.

what Maurice is doing in OT, is clearly not working, will he adjust?

While we don't have a great O/T record, I'm not worried about it.   There is no  3 on 3 format in the playoffs, so I wouldn't use much practise time on it.

31 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

While we don't have a great O/T record, I'm not worried about it.   There is no  3 on 3 format in the playoffs, so I wouldn't use much practise time on it.

Do you really have to practice shorter shifts?   Like if they don't practice for OT at all... why not just run the lines if you don't care about it - why run your vets into the ground... this team is going to be exhausted by the playoffs

Its almost a blessing the Trouba, Lowry and Scheif have been injured as long as they have...

9 hours ago, Jaxon said:

True about the playoffs... Thank God.

I'm sure they hardly use any practice time on 3 on 3, and I wouldn't expect them to, but at least give some other guys a shot, to see if they can maybe have some success.

3 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

True about the playoffs... Thank God.

I'm sure they hardly use any practice time on 3 on 3, and I wouldn't expect them to, but at least give some other guys a shot, to see if they can maybe have some success.

3 on 3 might be exciting but its ridiculously stupid.

42 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

3 on 3 might be exciting but its ridiculously stupid.

especially when Buff stays out for the entire 5 minutes.  Then it's 2 on 3 and Buff puffing around the ice.  He also looked pretty bad on that second Ovie goal.  He just lay there while Ovie fired it into the net, on the third try.

30 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

especially when Buff stays out for the entire 5 minutes.  Then it's 2 on 3 and Buff puffing around the ice.  He also looked pretty bad on that second Ovie goal.  He just lay there while Ovie fired it into the net, on the third try.

And yet, he was the only skater trying to stop Ovi. The rest were just watching the proceedings. 

59 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Outside of Myers and Buff I'm not sure if i want any other D man in overtime. It's all about the offense.

True but depending on how the OT frame is going and how the coach (es) are reading the play, at times it could mean you  want more defensive awareness on the ice to get us into the shootout. It's not the first choice for sure but it may be an option you need to employ to give us the best chance on getting that extra point if the ice seems to be tilted in their favour.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

True but depending on how the OT frame is going and how the coach (es) are reading the play, at times it could mean you  want more defensive awareness on the ice to get us into the shootout. It's not the first choice for sure but it may be an option you need to employ to give us the best chance on getting that extra point if the ice seems to be tilted in their favour.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you but I don't see how getting to the shootout provides us with any advantage.  You've already secured the loser point so IMO you go for the win as soon as OT starts.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding you but I don't see how getting to the shootout provides us with any advantage.  You've already secured the loser point so IMO you go for the win as soon as OT starts.

No you're right. I'm just talking about if you are being completely outplayed on three on three MAYBE the shootout will give us the better chance  to win so hang on for dear life with some defensive guys.

But yea go for the win in OT.

Trouba-Morrissey are our 'go to' shutdown pairing but both are offensively gifted Dmen...  but somehow Morrissey is still being 'sheltered' from OT and significant Penalty kill time...

I hope we win the cup but I'll never ever understand Maurice's thinking - its really starting to look like our vets will be gassed by the time we hit the playoffs...

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Trouba-Morrissey are our 'go to' shutdown pairing but both are offensively gifted Dmen...  but somehow Morrissey is still being 'sheltered' from OT and significant Penalty kill time...

I hope we win the cup but I'll never ever understand Maurice's thinking - its really starting to look like our vets will be gassed by the time we hit the playoffs...

Trouba - career high 33 points.

Morrissey - career high 22 points. 

Let's not overstate their offensive gifts.