2018 CFL Draft

Floyd

17 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Too much thought 

I still say little thought. Walters has mentioned many times how important it is to add NIs to the OL/DL. So not drafting an OL or DL in the first two rounds is poor planning.  Having a team take 4 WRs is poor planning. This alone shows his lack of thought.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Maybe Fergusson thought Walters is like Austin who picked 5 LBs a couple of years ago

?

Makes sense to me.  Buy in bulk, like shopping at costco.  4 receivers is like buying a 4 pack of toilet bowl cleaner.  They won't go bad and you'll use them eventually.  Maybe in 8 years.  NI Receivers work the same way.

IF there's a solid o line pick with 7....and it looks like there could be...then using our first pick on a receiver is crazy.... This take by Ferguson is way off base...Petermann is the receiver that everyone rates very high....Very surprised he's around at 7 and that will increase our chances of a good o line pick as our no 1...Someone should tell Ferguson to quit sleeping beside gas lines

4 hours ago, JCon said:

And Lafrance, who many think can catch out of the backfield. (I don't, BTW)

Imo out of the back field type plays any back should be able to make. I dont expect more of him in that department then any back. Is he an andrew harris/blink type constant threat and pivotal piece as a pass catcher? doubt it. But with harris you dont need that when working both in at the same time.  Im more concerned with us actually making good use of 2 backs and multiple looks. some read option stuff. We cant use the X factor stuff as a gimmick forever. at some point we have to be able to mix it fluidly both between multiple backs and between that and passing down field. 

I think lafrance will be used a fair bit - rotating with Coates as our 7th cdn

Chapman, peterman, Onyeka, Bennett, Laurent, these should all be first round picks

add the top OL prospects and the bombers will end up with a really nice talent - I’m hoping Bennett is our first rounder