2018 NHL Playoffs

Rich

We are now a week away from the 2018 NHL playoffs starting.    Figured the playoffs could use their own thread.

For those hoping to get tickets to see the Jets, looks like the secondary market will be out in full force.    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-jets-playoff-tickets-1.4604783

Winnipeg Jets playoff tickets have not been released to the public, but reseller sites are already posting seats for sale with hefty prices suggesting they are among the hottest tickets in the NHL.

Ticket giant StubHub is posting dozens of playoff home game tickets for upwards of $300 US, which is among the highest entry-level prices. In markets like Toronto, Minnesota and Colorado, tickets start at $100 US.

The best Jets playoff seats on offer, a lower bowl pair at centre ice, are posted for $844 US each. Similar seats in Minnesota and Boston are going for roughly $200 to $500 US, respectively.

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Beer prices is like highest or 2nd highest among Canuck teams is it not.

Dont think so. In general we pay less than most of the other Canadian teams. 

Thing with beer prices... Then dont drink it? 

If we play Minnesota in the first round, we need to really watch the January 13th, 2018 gametape and combat the blueprint they drew up in beating us 4-1.

I remember watching that game and thinking this is exactly how you defend against our team,, i.e., clogging the middle, disrupting our neutral ice speed and set-up. They did it almost perfectly that game.

At the end of the day though,  bring on whoever. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If we play Minnesota in the first round, we need to really watch the January 13th, 2018 gametape and combat the blueprint they drew up in beating us 4-1.

I remember watching that game and thinking this is exactly how you defend against our team,, i.e., clogging the middle, disrupting our neutral ice speed and set-up. They did it almost perfectly that game.

At the end of the day though,  bring on whoever. 

They just lost their Best D man tho so they are hurting. 

Should be a fun series. Jets are better tho so they should win. 

14 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

On the radio they said MINN the one team that had better home record then Jets.

Eh... WPG: 30-7-2, MIN: 27-6-8

The Wild have more loser points on home ice but the Jets have more wins. Both teams have accumulated 62 points on home ice but the Jets have two more home games left to play. Statistically, the Jets have the better home record (.769 > .658 [win %]).

32 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

On the radio they said MINN the one team that had better home record then Jets.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Eh... WPG: 30-7-2, MIN: 27-6-8

The Wild have more loser points on home ice but the Jets have more wins. Both teams have accumulated 62 points on home ice but the Jets have two more home games left to play. Statistically, the Jets have the better home record (.769 > .658 [win %]).

The radio said regulation wins. 

54 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Dont think so. In general we pay less than most of the other Canadian teams. 

Thing with beer prices... Then dont drink it? 

I don't know entirely how accurate this is, was a chart someone put together and from 3 years ago, but would surprise me if we were not at the top or at least above average ... graph was based on Bud Light pricing so you aren't comparing different premium brands.

vzQJlVV.png

22 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don't know entirely how accurate this is, was a chart someone put together and from 3 years ago, but would surprise me if we were not at the top or at least above average ... graph was based on Bud Light pricing so you aren't comparing different premium brands.

vzQJlVV.png

Beer prices we might be but beer everyehere is pretty pricey. Tix prices well below MTL TOR etc 

26 minutes ago, Rich said:

vzQJlVV.png

Cheapest beer in Canada and Ottawa fans still can't be bothered to show up.  And then they blame the owner for all their problems.