Round 1 : Game 1 - Wild

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Good kid

Morrow was an excellent pickup at the trade deadline. Huge goal and the eventual game winner last night!

What a game. Even when they were down after some loose playing early in the third, the Jets kept their heads on straight and continued to work hard. And it paid off. Laine's tying goal was incredible (he also set a record for the youngest Finnish player to score a goal in the playoffs).

Gotta give Dubynk kudos for his performance last night. He kept the Wild in the game through 40 mins.

Nerve wracking. 

Wild played a good road game.  Obviously goaltending was a huge factor on both sides.

Buff was being what he needs to be, what hits.

I find Myers and Trouba a big too nonchalant sometimes with the puck that ends up in takeaways/giveaways.

Morrow got a lot more ice time than  I thought he would.

I see Maurice for a stretch used Copp and the second line and Ehlers on the third. I wonder why.

That Dumba is a player.  

I've never been a big Adam Lowry fan but boy did he show his value last night, with his physical presence and faceoff prowess. Wow.

This is going to be a tough series but we are clearly the better team.

Game 1 thoughts....

- Heck of a road game by Minny....still not enough.  I think we've got an even better game 2 in us.

- Dubnyk was on his game, no shocker.  Rightfully got the jeers from the crowd.  Because it's the postseason & that's what fans should do. 

- Street party was a blast, huge props to all who put it on.   We'll need another block or 2 open moving forward though.

- St.Laurent is a playoff ref?!?  Were no MJHL refs available?  Awful, awful crew.  Those linesman should be unemployed. 

- Not sure how the noise translated on TV.... truthfully, I think the 15K & change have a lot more to offer.  Waiting forever for Rogers' broadcast to start kinda subdued everyone.  We fans need to get back to 2011 & 2012 noise / engagement levels.  If you showed up & wore white, good on you. I'm sure TNSE appreciates the support.   Now... support the players.  Far too many people sitting on their hands for my liking. 

- Our 4th line is going to be a force all playoffs.

- Laine is just a phenom.  Dude gets better the bigger the stage. His postgame quote make it here yet?  Boys play in the fall. Men play in the spring. 

16 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Nerve wracking. 

Wild played a good road game.  Obviously goaltending was a huge factor on both sides.

Buff was being what he needs to be, what hits.

I find Myers and Trouba a big too nonchalant sometimes with the puck that ends up in takeaways/giveaways.

Morrow got a lot more ice time than  I thought he would.

I see Maurice for a stretch used Copp and the second line and Ehlers on the third. I wonder why.

That Dumba is a player.  

I've never been a big Adam Lowry fan but boy did he show his value last night, with his physical presence and faceoff prowess. Wow.

This is going to be a tough series but we are clearly the better team.

Perreault was hurt and ehlers has some history with Little

Impressed with Laine.  He is better defensively than some give him credit for (and way better than he was even earlier this season).  How good can he be 2...3...5 years from now? 

Again, have to pat Chiarot on the back.  He's not just an ok fill in, he's a good NHL d man.

Helle was excellent. 

Now they got the jitters out of the way and got that historic first win out of the way and know what Playoffs feel like, I *hope* they come out better on Friday. 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Impressed with Laine.  He is better defensively than some give him credit for (and way better than he was even earlier this season).  How good can he be 2...3...5 years from now? 

Great point! He was so good getting back and disrupting the Wild rush.

The coaching staff have done a good job making him responsible defensively. That would not have been easy last season, when you probably just wanted him to park himself and score goals. 

Again, I'll absolutely take Chiarot and Morrow over Enstrom in the playoffs...  really liked their physicality in that game

Laine really was great at backchecking and the Copp-Lowry-Tanev line is buzzing

Feel like Ehlers outthinks himself sometimes but that's a pretty minor criticism

Maurice has done a great job finding the chemistry in this team - he's got them rolling.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Anyone else think Buff kinda went back to his old ways? Dumb penalty and them missing on the one Wild goal?

Hoping he looks at it vs. this season and picks his play up going forward. He had such a good year.

Nice hits though.

11 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

Anyone else think Buff kinda went back to his old ways? Dumb penalty and them missing on the one Wild goal?

Hoping he looks at it vs. this season and picks his play up going forward. He had such a good year.

Nice hits though.

I thought Buff played pretty well.  Trouba and Myers had some rough moments, however.

I'm not sure about the 'dumb penalty', as they never showed a replay.  Considering all of the extra curriculars after the whistle, in that game, I don't know what Buff did to get THE ONLY roughing call, in the entire game.

22 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

Nice hits though.

Buff played better than Myers and Trouba imo. I was thinking while watching the game that Myers is our new Buff i.e, giveaways takeaways :) regardless i still love all three and would take our core of d over anyone's.

What I saw was the Jets completely outplayed Minnesota,  they were twice as fast and if not for Dubnyk stealing 2 or more goals from the Jets the game would of been a blow out.    

The 2nd Minnesota goal was completely on Buff taking his usual risk and backfiring big time on us.   

For the most part Minnesota did not have much time in our end and had big time troubles cycling the puck.  

Every line clicked well with us ,  I thought Lowry and Tanev had A+++ games.  

A few mistakes by our defense with lazy clears but for the most part they had a solid game. 

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

What I saw was the Jets completely outplayed Minnesota,  they were twice as fast and if not for Dubnyk stealing 2 or more goals from the Jets the game would of been a blow out.    

The 2nd Minnesota goal was completely on Buff taking his usual risk and backfiring big time on us.   

For the most part Minnesota did not have much time in our end and had big time troubles cycling the puck.  

Every line clicked well with us ,  I thought Lowry and Tanev had A+++ games.  

A few mistakes by our defense with lazy clears but for the most part they had a solid game. 

Trouba was awful... And Wheeler looked off but... We dominated and Dubnyk was very good. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, I've watched Winnipeg crowds for decades. This was different. I think some fans still think of Dubnyk as an Oiler.

No, it wasn't. And his being an Oiler a few years ago is totally irrelevant now. Absurd reach.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Better hope it doesn't inspire him to play even better.

Image result for eyeroll gif