Tyler Bieber

I had no idea also - absolutely no words. Just heart broken since the announcement of the accident. I am a Bomber fan but have worked in a large number of small towns in Saskatchewan when I was with MHO. I really got close to a lot of the small town hockey life and traveled to a huge number of games with the local folks. Really at a loss for words at the moment.

A lot of prayers and support have been going out from SK and from around the world. It has been truly overwhelming.

Lots of connections too. An acquaintance of mine told me this morning he lost his best friend in the crash. My neighbors lost their nephew (a coach). 

My son got an invite the last 2 seasons to try out for the Broncos. He didn't go.  So no, we didn't lose our son...but many other parents did.

1 hour ago, blueingreenland said:

A lot of prayers and support have been going out from SK and from around the world. It has been truly overwhelming.

Lots of connections too. An acquaintance of mine told me this morning he lost his best friend in the crash. My neighbors lost their nephew (a coach). 

My son got an invite the last 2 seasons to try out for the Broncos. He didn't go.  So no, we didn't lose our son...but many other parents did.

You must be shaken to your very core knowing what would have happened had your son accepted the invite & made the Broncos, wow. Life seems to work in mysterious ways sometimes.

My son travelled to his football games by bus as well. First as a member of the Winnipeg Rifles & the long, long bus rides to Calgary, Edmonton, Regina & Saskatoon. The AB trips took 18 hours one way! When he played Junior College in Northern California, he took the bus to his games over some very bad narrow, single lane highways thru the Sierra Nevada mountains with lots of blind curves & drop offs just off the shoulder. I drove down for one away game & followed the bus & it sure was eye opening. When he went to SFU, he'd bus to Western Oregon, Central Washington & Humboldt State in Arcadia, CA. For Arcadia, they'd leave Thursday morning for their Saturday game. For Azusa Pacific, they'd fly to LA & then have a 2 hour ride  on the freeway to Azusa, CA.  When they played Dixie State in St. George, Utah, they'd fly to Vegas & then have a 3-4 hour bus ride to that game. Through all that, it never occurred to me anything could happen.  Parents, players & coaches, we all felt everyone was safe which is why this tragedy has really hit hard for me. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

18 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Yes, when you are on a bus like that you feel it is the safest place to be.

Apparently Tyler was the play by play broadcaster, who would travel with the team. 

Anyone know if this is the worst sports accident in Canadian history? 

Just a guess but... I would assume that it is. Its likely up there in terms of fatalities with Marshall University and the Soccer team crash in the Andes. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Just a guess but... I would assume that it is. Its likely up there in terms of fatalities with Marshall University and the Soccer team crash in the Andes. 

what about the plane crash that took out an entire olympic team back in the early 60s?

Marshall University 75 fatalaties 

KHL 45 fatalaties but 44 died instantly.. 1 lived for about 5 days but died 

Andes = 29 but several died days later in an avalanche. 

Humboldt = 15. 

So is it the biggest accident in deaths in Canadian sports history? Very likely but in terms of overall sports accidents its pretty low on the list... 

Im not including soccer stadium collapses or things like that cuz theres been a few. 

What makes Humboldt so tragic is the fact that these people were just kids really... 16 to 20 not including bieber and the coaches. The majority were still teenagers. 

Also.... The other major sports deaths are pretty much Airplane Crashes. 

Edited by Goalie

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, Goalie said:

Marshall University 75 fatalaties 

KHL 45 fatalaties but 44 died instantly.. 1 lived for about 5 days but died 

Andes = 29 but several died days later in an avalanche. 

Humboldt = 15. 

So is it the biggest accident in deaths in Canadian sports history? Very likely but in terms of overall sports accidents its pretty low on the list... 

Im not including soccer stadium collapses or things like that cuz theres been a few. 

What makes Humboldt so tragic is the fact that these people were just kids really... 16 to 20 not including bieber and the coaches. The majority were still teenagers. 

Also.... The other major sports deaths are pretty much Airplane Crashes. 

I think what gets to a lot of us is we've all been on buses with sports teams on the road. It could have been us or our kids. 

I heard on Saturday Tyler Bieber had passed... I didn't know what from... but I did remember him from posting here... because the good posters and good people will always be remembered...

I later found out he was on the Humboldt Broncos bus... chasing his own dream, just like many of those players...  What a tragic scenario for all involved.... Rest In Peace Tyler