Round 1: Game 3 @ Wild

iHeart

Tagline: "Province of Puck vs. State of Hockey" or "Whiteout vs. Blue State"

Storyline: Minnesota hopes home cooking can turn around the bad taste in their mouths from 2 straight losses.

Quote: "The series don't really begin until the home team loses a game" - pretty much every coach who is down 2-0 and totally outplayed, grasping at some comfort, or a broadcaster trying to keep interest in a one-sided series.

Quote #2: "Starting fights in the last minute to show that you  are ready to show up for the next game is so stupid. Where were you for the first 59 minutes of this game?" - Randy Turner on twitter.

Fun fact: This is only the third time in the Jets' NHL existence that they have been up 2-0 in a playoff series. The two previous times, they ended up losing game 3 but ultimately winning the series. The first was 1985 against Calgary (up 2-0 at home, lost game 3 on there Macoun cross-check, gutted out a game 4 road win with no Hawerchuk and a back-up goalie in net, to take the series 3-1). The second was also Calgary, this time with 2 road wins to start (including a Thomas Steen game winner in game 2 period 2 which crossed the line after the green light came on, but was counted - yay for no replay back then), then lost game 3 at home before taking a 3-1 lead back to Cowtown, and eventually winning in 6 games. These are also the only 2 playoff series ever won by the Jets' NHL franchise (pre-Phoenix relocation).

Fun fact #2: Third period shots for each team from after the last Wild goal in game one up to the next Wild goal in Game 2 (a span of 35.5 minutes) : 32-3 for the Jets (after the 2-1 Wild goal Jets outshot them 16-1 the rest of the way, then last night shots were 14-0 until five minutes left, Wild scored on only their 3rd shot of the period, Jets had 16 of their 17 third period shots by that point).

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Tagline: "Province of Puck vs. State of Hockey" or "Whiteout vs. Blue State"

Storyline: Minnesota hopes home cooking can turn around the bad taste in their mouths from 2 straight losses.

Quote: "The series don't really begin until the home team loses a game" - pretty much every coach who is down 2-0 and totally outplayed, grasping at some comfort, or a broadcaster trying to keep interest in a one-sided series.

Quote #2: "Starting fights in the last minute to show that you  are ready to show up for the next game is so stupid. Where were you for the first 59 minutes of this game?" - Randy Turner on twitter.

Fun fact: This is only the third time in the Jets' NHL existence that they have been up 2-0 in a playoff series. The two previous times, they ended up losing game 3 but ultimately winning the series. The first was 1985 against Calgary (up 2-0 at home, lost game 3 on there Macoun cross-check, gutted out a game 4 road win with no Hawerchuk and a back-up goalie in net, to take the series 3-1). The second was also Calgary, this time with 2 road wins to start (including a Thomas Steen game winner in game 2 period 2 which crossed the line after the green light came on, but was counted - yay for no replay back then), then lost game 3 at home before taking a 3-1 lead back to Cowtown, and eventually winning in 6 games. These are also the only 2 playoff series ever won by the Jets' NHL franchise (pre-Phoenix relocation).

Fun fact #2: Third period shots for each team from after the last Wild goal in game one up to the next Wild goal in Game 2 (a span of 35.5 minutes) : 32-3 for the Jets (after the 2-1 Wild goal Jets outshot them 16-1 the rest of the way, then last night shots were 14-0 until five minutes left, Wild scored on only their 3rd shot of the period, Jets had 16 of their 17 third period shots by that point).

would you like to do the game 4 thread?

If the Wild get owned tomorrow this series is done in 4. 

Honestly i dont see how "home ice" plays a role in a team literally owning another team. 

Will the Wild all of a sudden be a better team? Wild are a mediocre team with an elite goalie. Jets are elite... And are showing why. I dont think ive ever seen 2 playoff games where 1 team literally owns the other team for 80 percent of the game... Turns on leafs bruins... Ok.. Now i have. 

Edited by Goalie

Well after listening to Cherry last night rant that it was the Jets that started the dirty play and that goof Boudreau whining that NOW there is a real hate...?? Did Cherry even watch the game? Its the wild who can't keep up that are playing dirty...what a moron.

33 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Well after listening to Cherry last night rant that it was the Jets that started the dirty play and that goof Boudreau whining that NOW there is a real hate...?? Did Cherry even watch the game? Its the wild who can't keep up that are playing dirty...what a moron.

I think I remember Don Cherry having the opinion that European hockey players would not make it in the NHL. 

Am I right about that?  

I won't watch Don, or his sidekick what's his name.  They are both really boring. 

A lot of Canadians like hearing the same tired things  for years on end...... another example, this hour has 22 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

I think I remember Don Cherry having the opinion that European hockey players would not make it in the NHL. 

Am I right about that?  

I won't watch Don, or his sidekick what's his name.  They are both really boring. 

A lot of Canadians like hearing the same tired things  for years on end...... another example, this hour has 22 minutes. 

that's a pretty big misrepresentation of what Cherry's points are.  He's a pretty big advocate for Canada and Canadian players, especially in the playoffs.  The Sedins are a big example of what he's talking about.  Float all year and then disappear in the playoffs when the going gets rough.

And I actually like This Hour has 22 minutes, especially when they make fun of all three of our current party leaders.

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

I hope someone tunes up Winnick before this series is over.  What a putz taking on a guy half his size...

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Am I right about that?  

must have been back in the 70s when he said that

Hope Tanev is ok, I think he got punched right in the face.

I also hope the Jets don't bother going after the A hole that did that to him, (probably what they're hoping for)

retaliate by hammering the Wild 6 to 0.

Edited by Mark F