Round 1: Game 3 @ Wild

iHeart

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I hope someone tunes up Winnick before this series is over.  What a putz taking on a guy half his size...

Total **** move by Winnik the other night. Now he's made himself a target, though.

I had a feeling Suter out would affect the Wild but I didn't think they'd be this bad. Dubnyk is carrying that team.

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Total **** move by Winnik the other night. Now he's made himself a target, though.

I had a feeling Suter out would affect the Wild but I didn't think they'd be this bad. Dubnyk is carrying that team.

Minnie tried to bully the Jets in the first game - but Dumba, Greenway and Coyle are getting pounded...

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Minnie tried to bully the Jets in the first game - but Dumba, Greenway and Coyle are getting pounded...

Outside of Dubynk, they sure didn't show up to compete. So, classless goonery it is. The Jets need to pot a couple early tonight and rattle the Wild worse than they already are.

Wild fans are no slouch and there will be a lot of energy in their barn as well.  What the Jets will likely and hopefully do is is wall off the red line and weather the first 10 minutes, then slowly push that line up to their blue until the Wild no longer have puck possession or space to move, sucking the life out of them and the energy out of the building.  Don't trade hits right away, don't give them anything to feed off of, play patient, take away lanes and smother them, keep everything in front of us until their will breaks, then start pounding them into the boards once the doubt creeps in.

Or put up 6 goals on Dubnyk in the first 10 minutes, both strategies will work.

1st period

PP time Dumba in the box.

Jets had good possession for a majority of the PP but could not capitalize on it

well that didn't take long for the wild to get physical

PP time again Cullen in the box

#OhCaptainOurCaptain for the third straight game the jets open the scoring

Jets have their first penalty of the game Chiarot is serving and we have another fight...when did the Wild become goons? and now Lowry is in the box

game is now tied with seconds left in the 5 on 3

oh man if I had a drink for every penalty drawn by the jets this period....I'd probably be sober still

Edited by iHeart