Round 1: Game 4 @ Wild

iHeart

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

watching Nashville getting their butts handed to them tonight has me not feeling so blue about yesterday.   San Jose walking all over Anaheim.  Anaheim sucks.

The only year I could actually cheer for Anaheim...  

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

watching Nashville getting their butts handed to them tonight has me not feeling so blue about yesterday.   San Jose walking all over Anaheim.  Anaheim sucks.

well that's a relief but man.....I know I said I wanted to have the jets face the sharks at one point but now I'm not sure if I want that especially if Kane is proving to be a secret weapon

Jets recall Sami Niku.

So...is Toby not ready or do they just want an extra body?

Its really tough to think of how good the Jets are and yet they are down three starting D men from the season.  If things go awry, its a really unfortunate situation.

Fortunately, their top two RHD are Trouba & Buff.  Their time on ice will increase. 

50 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Jets recall Sami Niku.

Its really tough to think of how good the Jets are and yet they are down three starting D men from the season.  If things go awry, its a really unfortunate situation.

Fortunately, their top two RHD are Trouba & Buff.  Their time on ice will increase. 

The Jets missing 3 starting D men is nothing compared to the Wild being without Suter....  Just ask Romaniuk or Galley.

They never once mentioned that we were without Kulikov and Enstrom, but couldn't stop talking about Suter being out.  Let's see if there is any change tonight.

I honestly think someone at SN should have been in their ear, after Sunday's game, about how much they were gushing over the Wild.

25 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

The Jets missing 3 starting D men is nothing compared to the Wild being without Suter....  Just ask Romaniuk or Galley.

They never once mentioned that we were without Kulikov and Enstrom, but couldn't stop talking about Suter being out.  Let's see if there is any change tonight.

I honestly think someone at SN should have been in their ear, after Sunday's game, about how much they were gushing over the Wild.

Romanuk!

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Jets recall Sami Niku.

well considering the way he played two weeks ago, I'm glad they're bringing Niku back, even if he isn't playing, they're starting poolman

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Part of the problem is that we are spoiled with homer broadcasting all year courtesy of Dennis Beyak... but I do agree those two have been insufferable at times... but don't worry, the leafs homerism is still alive a well (for 2 more games anyways)

13 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I agree... seeing Toronto (puke), Colorado and NJ all win last night made me feel better... especially knowing those three teams are considered bigger underdogs than the Wild...

54 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Part of the problem is that we are spoiled with homer broadcasting all year courtesy of Dennis Beyak... but I do agree those two have been insufferable at times... but don't worry, the leafs homerism is still alive a well (for 2 more games anyways)

The problem is simply the B network in Canada has national rights, and for some reason they employ (mostly) C level talent.   

You could put together quite the broadcast crew just with guys sitting on their couch this spring. 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

The problem is simply the B network in Canada has national rights, and for some reason they employ (mostly) C level talent.   

You could put together quite the broadcast crew just with guys sitting on their couch this spring. 

Chris Cuthbert would be a big improvement on Paul Romanuk.  He's definitely the Rod Black of Sportsnet.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Pretty sure Enstrom's career is over...

Sadly it probably is.  I always expected the Jets would bring him back, for a much lower salary of course.  But even if that was in the plans, his injury history makes it less likely as you cant plan for a guy that can only play half the time.  Plus, Niku looked good in the one game and will get a chance.  And Chiarot has really developed into a solid bottom pairing D man.  And I think Morrow has been a surprise and could be the "extra" D.

Assuming Trouba is back and you still have Poolman, perhaps the Jets look for one more D in the off-season but they are good.  Especially if Kulikov is back.  If he isnt, they LTIR him and sign a 2LHD.