Round 1: Game 4 @ Wild

iHeart

i was too young to remember the jets winning a round 1 the first time(s) around (I'd have been 2 -4 in 84-85 and 85-86 so this will be new territory for me. Better believe imma be downtown drunk AF on Fri to bask in the moment.  Now if The Avs can do the unthinkable and upset... Holy **** would I ever love seeing a Jets/Avs more so then the preds.  I think a series with Nashville win or lose is gonna be a grinder that may leave either team kinda winded and wounded heading into the west final vs Vegas or SJ. 

Dont think I watched all the Preds/Jets games but werent they usually like 5-4 type games?  I guess to be the best you gotta beat the best but I'm also a fan of upsets when it benefits our team.  and an easy round 2 series would bode well for the big picture 

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

It's tough to say if it will result in a suspension. It was pretty ugly and definitely deserved a major. I think the league takes intent into account, and I believe Morrissey when he said he didn't mean to do it.

Yeah its tough.  My only thought is, if the NHL feels there has been enough bad plays this playoffs and decides today is the day to crack down.  But looking at intent and the history of the player, to take him out of a critical playoff game would be a really bold decision by the NHL.  And they dont usually make bold decisions.  Fingers crossed.

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah its tough.  My only thought is, if the NHL feels there has been enough bad plays this playoffs and decides today is the day to crack down.  But looking at intent and the history of the player, to take him out of a critical playoff game would be a really bold decision by the NHL.  And they dont usually make bold decisions.  Fingers crossed.

If you compare it to Subban punching Mackinnon in the back of the head and receiving no punishment, then Morrissey doesn't deserve a suspension.

If you compare it to Doughty going for a clean hit and glancing the Vegas guy's head and getting a suspension, then Morrissey deserves a suspension.

To me, it was just so ugly and there was no call on the ice, so it should be a one-gamer.  But don't get me wrong I'd love to see him get off without a suspension.

24 minutes ago, Atomic said:

If you compare it to Subban punching Mackinnon in the back of the head and receiving no punishment, then Morrissey doesn't deserve a suspension.

I think Subban's play was way dirtier. Morrissey's looked like an accident. There' no hiding the intent of a forearm shot to the back of the head.

10 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I think Subban's play was way dirtier. Morrissey's looked like an accident. There' no hiding the intent of a forearm shot to the back of the head.

Yeah that's my point... there was no punishment for that and it's a joke, IMO.

You could tell the Jets were going to win that game from almost the get-go.  The Wild weren't playing with nearly the same intensity.  No gooning it up, hardly hitting anyone, totally different style of play.   They let the Jets play their game.  I don't know what changed, but the Wild already look like a team defeated.  Was losing Parise that much of a factor?  I don't know but that was a totally different team than we saw on Sunday.   No fire whatsoever.

42 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Trouba was one big hot mess last night. Something seems off with him.

He was definitely struggling earlier in the game but then got stronger as the game went on.  He seemed to be on a lot cold medicine on this first few shifts as he seemed completely dazed and confused.

32 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

He was definitely struggling earlier in the game but then got stronger as the game went on.  He seemed to be on a lot cold medicine on this first few shifts as he seemed completely dazed and confused.

I bet his ankle is taped to hell and he's on a ton of pain meds...  he makes some scary plays out there

Might be tough for our 4th best defenceman to hold out for $8 million a season...