Round 1: Game 4 @ Wild

iHeart

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Trouba was one big hot mess last night. Something seems off with him.

Helle save on Dumba was spectacular.

The more I see Stastny play the more I like him. 

I wish Blake Wheeler would shoot more.

I loved the adjustment in putting Buff up front on the power play. Hope they continue that.

I agree with your first few points, but I'm not sure Buff was in front of the net by design, I think he just got 'stuck' down there.  I doubt we wanted to have 2 forwards on the point.

5 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I agree with your first few points, but I'm not sure Buff was in front of the net by design, I think he just got 'stuck' down there.  I doubt we wanted to have 2 forwards on the point.

Exactly. He's best at the point, firing when he can, moving the puck up the wall to Wheeler or to Laine in his home-away-home. 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Niku returned to Moose so assumption is Myers or Toby is okay?  Or is it to get Niku in a Moose game before Jets game on Friday?  I assume they'd recall him should Morrissey get suspended

Moose don't play until Saturday. Odd move, unless they want him to practice with the Moose, assuming he won't play? 

I would expect Niku to play for Morrissey on Friday night. 

Just now, JCon said:

Moose don't play until Saturday. Odd move, unless they want him to practice with the Moose, assuming he won't play? 

I would expect Niku to play for Morrissey on Friday night. 

Well that is odd then.  Think they'd at wait to see what happens with Morrissey unless they already strongly believe he wont be suspended and Myers or Toby is good to go.

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Maybe and yes having him at the point has it's advantages on the PP.

BUT having a big body (with toughness) like DB in front of Dubynk has it's advantages as well. The less Dubnyk can see the better.

This is where I've been very impressed with Statsny, he does this very well and unfortunately got nailed by a point shot in this game.

Sportsnet is trying their hardest to turn us heel. They have such an old school mentality of The Jets... The story is we are big rough vicious mean... Yet.. In reality we are more based on speed or skill. They make a big stink about Morrissey and say the Jets like to take liberties with Wild players after the whistle but... Niedderreitter headbutts Chiarot which was not accidental and no biggie. Its crazy... Trying hard to make us the bad guys. 

Sportsnet Sucks. Sportsnet Sucks. 

Theres a chant for people. 

Or.. 

When 26 touches it.. His names Blake... His names Blake. 

Seriously... Sportsnet... Just so much hate towards the Jets. Why? I dunno.. Is it cuz we better than the leafs? 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Sportsnet is trying their hardest to turn us heel. They have such an old school mentality of The Jets... The story is we are big rough vicious mean... Yet.. In reality we are more based on speed or skill. They make a big stink about Morrissey and say the Jets like to take liberties with Wild players after the whistle but... Niedderreitter headbutts Chiarot which was not accidental and no biggie. Its crazy... Trying hard to make us the bad guys. 

Sportsnet Sucks. Sportsnet Sucks. 

Theres a chant for people. 

Or.. 

When 26 touches it.. His names Blake... His names Blake. 

Seriously... Sportsnet... Just so much hate towards the Jets. Why? I dunno.. Is it cuz we better than the leafs? 

I don't think Sportsnet is consciously doing anything. After several years of watching their coverage, I just assume they're incompetent. 

Headbutt. Elbow to Trouba's head. Unless you were watching the game (closely) you would never know they happened. Sportsnet certainly doesn't. 

Oh, what I wouldn't give to have TSN3 Jets team working this series. 

Amazing the never-ending analysis of the Morrissey hit... but Subban's punches Colorado's star player in the back of the head and its 'just hockey'...

I can guarantee if Buff pulled the same stunt Subban did, he'd be 5 mins and a suspension

These playoff suspensions are just a big joke.

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Amazing the never-ending analysis of the Morrissey hit... but Subban's punches Colorado's star player in the back of the head and its 'just hockey'...

I can guarantee if Buff pulled the same stunt Subban did, he'd be 5 mins and a suspension

These playoff suspensions are just a big joke.

Hard to argue with that.   What warrants a hearing and/or discipline, is about as consistent as goalie interference reviews.

5 hours ago, BomberBall said:

As expected, #NHLJets D Josh Morrissey will have a hearing today. My best guess is that he gets one game.

It's a phone hearing.  Does that mean anything?  If memory serves, a phone hearing usually means a fine....  Is it different in the playoffs?

If the league requests an in-person hearing, then they are able to dole out a suspension over 5 games if they feel it is appropriate.  A phone hearing limits the maximum to 5 or under, that is my understanding. I guess the idea is that if they are going to throw the book at someone, they want to give that player a chance for a face-to-face interview to beg for mercy. A player can always decline the in-person hearing, but the mere offer allows the league to go heavy on the suspension.

I'm guessing that he gets one game (playoffs usually slash the usual "regular season suspension length" in half. If Doughty got one game for that check to the head, I don't know how Morrissey avoids one given the specific targeting, the use of a stick, and the league's crackdown on headshots due to the concussion lawsuit pending. Plus, he already got supplemental discipline for that hit against the Bruins a few weeks ago, so repeat offender status will come into play even though the last one was just a fine (albeit the maximum).

12 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

That’s what kills me... An after the whistle, non hockey play, doesn’t even get a look?

Thats legit 5 and a game.. By rules. An attempted one is a double minor. Its in the rule book. I guess media outrage played a role... Pretty obvious Sportsnet hates us.