Round 1: Game 5 vs. Wild

Minnesota-Wild-Vs-Winnipeg-Jets.jpg

Jets lead the series 3-1.

SN 6:30 pm start time

Tagline: "Land of 10,000 lakes @ Land of 100,000 lakes"

Storyline: Jets come home to try and wrap up their first ever series victory in 2.0 history, without Josh Morrissey in the lineup, but possibly with Tyler Myers back again. Minnesota tries to stay alive with $196 million up in the press box (Suter and Parise for the uninformed).

Quote: “No one has a problem with the first mile of a journey. Even an infant could do fine for a while. But it isn't the start that matters. It's the finish line.” 
― Julien SmithThe Flinch

Quote #2: "Well that was fun. Winnipeg fans seem to have made an impression! The difference is I've never had to ask you to join me. You sing loud and proud every time!" - Stacey Nattress on twitter, in response to the Minnesota anthem singer imploring fans to sing along "so they can hear us in Winnipeg".

Fun fact: After Tuesday night, Connor Hellebuyck is now7-0-1 with 2 shutouts and a .949 save percentage in the next game played after giving up 5 or more goals.

Fun fact #2: Hellebuyck's Vezina nomination is the third NHL award nomination for a Jet since the club re-located to Winnipeg (along with Laine's rookie nomination and Andrew Ladd's "Mark Messier leadership" nom) and only the second Jet goalie ever to be a finalist for the Vezina (Bob Essensa was the first in 1991-92 - he finished 3rd behind Patrick Roy and Kirk McLean)

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Death from Above. 

We're going to take them apart. 

Death From Above would be an awesome playoff slogan, but you know it would never be used lest we offend those already in a twist that we have "machines of war" as our logo. Yes, that issue was a real thing from the chattering masses when the team came back. I think it was the "Save the Eatons/Thin Ice" crowd. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Death From Above would be an awesome playoff slogan, but you know it would never be used lest we offend those already in a twist that we have "machines of war" as our logo. Yes, that issue was a real thing from the chattering masses when the team came back. I think it was the "Save the Eatons/Thin Ice" crowd. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/jets-playoff-slogan-death-above-1.4615347

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And Morrissey has the touch of death.

How about if Wheeler scores, we chant, " My name's Blake"?

My name's Blake....  clap,clap - clap,clap,clap.

I like something to do with ripping Sportsnet.  They deserve it.

Maybe the scoreboard should show a split screen of Boudreau and the gopher from Caddy Shack.  There's a striking resemblance.

Our entire LHD from the season will be out for this game.  We could be starting Buff, Trouba, two rookies, a journeyman who was considered a deadline deal afterthought and a healthy scratch most of the season.

That's tough.  Really tough.  I expect the Wild to try to be very physical with the LHD.  Jets will have to be exceptionally responsible.

16 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Fun fact: After Tuesday night, Connor Hellebuyck is now7-0-1 with 2 shutouts and a .949 save percentage in the next game played after giving up 5 or more goals.

So what you're saying is we should intentionally give up 5 goals tomorrow night then we're guaranteed to close it out on Sunday...

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

which kind of makes me wonder, if Enstrom won't come back after this season, who will likely end up being here permanently Poolman or Niku

I'd think Niku would be given every chance to make the team out of camp if they want to keep the LHD a left handed player.  But Poolman has been called up ahead of Niku.

Also depends on Kulikov.  If he's LTIR, Jets likely in the market for another top 4 D.  If he's back, then it's Morrissey, Kulikov, Chiarot next season I think.  Chairot has been really good.  And Morrow is an RFA but likely has earned a contract offer as an extra D.

7 minutes ago, iHeart said:

which kind of makes me wonder, if Enstrom won't come back after this season, who will likely end up being here permanently Poolman or Niku

While we can't force them to retire here, I'd expect both are in the Jets long-term plans.   Why wouldn't they be? 

52 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Trouba-Morrissey

Buff-Morrow

Myers-Kulikov

Poolman-Chiarot

Green-Niku

Schilling-Melchiori

Stanley-Samberg

Things are suddenly looking fairly decent...  almost need to restock RHD more than LHD

I can't look at this... you have the LHD on the right and the RHD on the left... I need to go lie down.....

Schilling is on an AHL contract i believe. Mekchiori has been passed on the depth chart and likely doesnt play another NHL game unless injuries but yeah.. Looks ok. 

Poolman and Green are the only real RHD tho with potential

Left looks good with Niku Samberg Stanley tho

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Schilling is on an AHL contract i believe. Mekchiori has been passed on the depth chart and likely doesnt play another NHL game unless injuries but yeah.. Looks ok. 

Poolman and Green are the only real RHD tho with potential

Left looks good with Niku Samberg Stanley tho

Yeah Im pretty sure Melchiori's been passed over if he's 12th D on our depth chart ha

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sounds like:

Morrow-Buff

Niku-Trouba

Chiarot-Poolman

And you know what, I dont *hate* that D corp.  I mean, yes, having 4 of our starters out sucks.  But that seems like the most efficient use of what we have.

I'm remarkably calm about this situation. It must be the gambler and romantic (great story, underdog) in me.