Roy Finch Arrested for Assaulting Police

MC

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I think he was sitting in an idling car.  Not sure what led up to the police being involved. Maybe he had a Starbucks? 

We may never know. The "stand your ground" legal precedent in the US means that if you "feel threatened", even if there is no tangible or imminent threat, you can react with deadly force, as per Zimmerman.

A little bit of googling will inform you Roy Finch was allegedly hotboxing an idling vehicle outside an apartment complex for a solid hour early Sunday morning. When confronted by police there was allegedly a strong smell of weed and Roy Finch allegedly took a swing at a cop, broke free from custody, and was pursued on foot. Initially Finch evaded the police until they established a perimeter and in a second altercation were able to stun and tackle him (as seen in the video).

Can you imagine trying to chase down Roy Finch when he is running for his life? Way to hustle, coppers!

48 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

A little bit of googling will inform you Roy Finch was allegedly hotboxing an idling vehicle outside an apartment complex for a solid hour early Sunday morning. When confronted by police there was allegedly a strong smell of weed and Roy Finch allegedly took a swing at a cop, broke free from custody, and was pursued on foot. Initially Finch evaded the police until they established a perimeter and in a second altercation were able to stun and tackle him (as seen in the video).

Can you imagine trying to chase down Roy Finch when he is running for his life? Way to hustle, coppers!

You don’t seriously think the cops’ version of this is true... do you?

If that actually happened, they would have just shot him instead of just beating him up for fun

41 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You don’t seriously think the cops’ version of this is true... do you?

If that actually happened, they would have just shot him instead of just beating him up for fun

Yep, it's not an unbelievable story at all. Pretty run of the mill and if not for the fact he was a college star in Oklahoma where he was arrested it probably wouldn't have been very newsworthy. Besides, there is an apartment building full of possible witnesses with camera phones... pretty elaborate cover story that would easily be debunked by a single YouTube video.

It's far easier for me to believe Roy Finch acted in a criminal manner than 9 cops "beat him up for fun" no matter how tantalizing a headline that would make. 

19 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

The Bombers came right out and said they were willing to make Henoc the second highest paid Cdn player on the roster.  To post on social media like Kyle Walters slapped him across the face is pure BS and pretty classless.

Good riddance to this guy...

I don't see his comments like a slap in the face. He's just stating what happened. Bombers gave him an option, he didn't respond. So Bombers moved on. "Bombers chose not to choose me" is exactly what happened. He doesn't seem to be upset about it. And I can't imagine the bombers are either. Henoc had his priorities which delayed his decision. Bombers had there's and needed a decision faster than Henoc could provide. Sometimes that's business, it just doesn't work out. This is 3down trying to make a story where there is none.  

8 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Yep, it's not an unbelievable story at all. Pretty run of the mill and if not for the fact he was a college star in Oklahoma where he was arrested it probably wouldn't have been very newsworthy. Besides, there is an apartment building full of possible witnesses with camera phones... pretty elaborate cover story that would easily be debunked by a single YouTube video.

It's far easier for me to believe Roy Finch acted in a criminal manner than 9 cops "beat him up for fun" no matter how tantalizing a headline that would make. 

Hasn't Finch had run ins with the law before as well? Or was that Rainey?

54 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't honestly know. Even without a history of police run-ins I still give the cops the benefit of the doubt on this one. Nobody got shot despite an alleged assault on an officer, I'd say this ended as well as anyone could hope for.

People should be suspicious of police and their powers should be checked and balanced but to assume police brutality and racial discrimination at every turn is so divisive and plain silly. That's the last I'll say on it here, this is a football forum after all ;)

3 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I don't honestly know. Even without a history of police run-ins I still give the cops the benefit of the doubt on this one. Nobody got shot despite an alleged assault on an officer, I'd say this ended as well as anyone could hope for.

People should be suspicious of police and their powers should be checked and balanced but to assume police brutality and racial discrimination at every turn is so divisive and plain silly. That's the last I'll say on it here, this is a football forum after all ;)

Agreed. Hopefully there is good video footage of this which brings the truth to light.

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

From a post of mine last August....

"Witnesses told officers that Rainey and the victim got into an argument over Rainey's cellphone," the police statement read. "The female victim entered the vehicle of Rainey's roommate, and Rainey confronted her on the passenger side of the vehicle, and began pulling her out of the vehicle. Witnesses then observed Rainey slap the victim across the face with an open hand.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124526/article/chris-rainey-arrested-in-florida-on-battery-charge

His troubles started in college, at the University of Florida in 2010, and have continued as he hopped from the Steelers, to the Colts, and finally landed at the Cardinals last week. He's been dismissed from every team he's played on since college.

His first arrest in Gainesville, Florida, in 2010 was for a stalking charge. Police said he sent his girlfriend a text that said, "Time to Die ***** u and ur???" He pleaded guilty.

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2014/09/18/cardinals-cut-player-with-violent-history-after-cnn-inquiries/

Nothing nefarious here.

You can tell when a police service thinks it may have ****** up an arrest. They circle the wagons, wall of silenc e goes up and the whole thing is "currently under investigation". Good luck seeing dash cam footage anytime soon.

When procedure is followed they have no problem having cops shown doing the rough stuff complete with a perps shiner in the mug shot. They never say it but theyre proud of it.  Job done, all the boxes checked.

Clearly the Finch case is the latter. Text book arrest.

Edited by Zontar

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

The guy's face is mashed after being caught 'hotboxing' in his apartment parking lot...  sure the cops got it right 

A textbook arrest does not involve punching the suspect in the face repeatedly

Especially if he's high on the ganja. 

24 minutes ago, Floyd said:

The guy's face is mashed after being caught 'hotboxing' in his apartment parking lot...  sure the cops got it right 

A textbook arrest does not involve punching the suspect in the face repeatedly

So I'm hotboxing my car when 'yadda yadda yadda'  the cops punch me in the face repeatedly for no reason.

Cool story. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Especially if he's high on the ganja. 

Any cop will tell you that people who are gakked and violent are literally as rare as hen's teeth. Conversely, if cops are called to a "domestic disturbance" and the occupants are drinking, they can be certain that its gonna get ugly. Stoners just want to be left alone , eat Cheetos and stare at their hands in amzaement.

On 4/17/2018 at 8:04 AM, MOBomberFan said:

We have been raised to respect police and believe that they are above approach, but psych profiles of bikers and cops are scarily similar.

https://www.alternet.org/profiled-stalked-and-murdered-footage-shows-cops-gunning-down-unarmed-black-man-california-walmart