Roy Finch Arrested for Assaulting Police

MC

9 hours ago, tracker said:

Any cop will tell you that people who are gakked and violent are literally as rare as hen's teeth. Conversely, if cops are called to a "domestic disturbance" and the occupants are drinking, they can be certain that its gonna get ugly. Stoners just want to be left alone , eat Cheetos and stare at their hands in amzaement.

Not true at all,   I assume that you have not spoken with an officer in a long time?    Domestic Disturbance is usually a  "frequent customer" call where they go in and the male pleads his case,  the wife stupidly lies and says she over reacted... rinse and repeat.  

Much more "action" and "violence" from people trying to run so that they are not busted with drugs.   

You could even watch Cops on tv and see way more car chases and other people fleeing because they didn't want to get caught with a few baggies.     

Unnecessary violent encounters are rare and make up such a tiny amount of the overall calls that Police deal with.    For every dumb moves like this Starbucks incident ,  I am sure their are 1000's of great moves that go  without notice.   Can't make a generalization based off of a few incidents.  

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Not true at all,   I assume that you have not spoken with an officer in a long time?    Domestic Disturbance is usually a  "frequent customer" call where they go in and the male pleads his case,  the wife stupidly lies and says she over reacted... rinse and repeat.  

Much more "action" and "violence" from people trying to run so that they are not busted with drugs.   

You could even watch Cops on tv and see way more car chases and other people fleeing because they didn't want to get caught with a few baggies.     

Unnecessary violent encounters are rare and make up such a tiny amount of the overall calls that Police deal with.    For every dumb moves like this Starbucks incident ,  I am sure their are 1000's of great moves that go  without notice.   Can't make a generalization based off of a few incidents. 

My family is riddled with both RCMP and city police, and all hate going to domestic disturbance calls.

17 hours ago, tracker said:

My family is riddled with both RCMP and city police, and all hate going to domestic disturbance calls.

They hate it because so many times it's a waste of police time.     The calls that are "dangerous" are the ones with known gang members who may or may not be packing weapons.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

They hate it because so many times it's a waste of police time.     The calls that are "dangerous" are the ones with known gang members who may or may not be packing weapons.

They hate it because of the volatility and unpredictably- often they cannot tell who is doing what to whom and even who will launch themselves at the officers.

On 4/19/2018 at 11:16 AM, Floyd said:

The guy's face is mashed after being caught 'hotboxing' in his apartment parking lot...  sure the cops got it right 

A textbook arrest does not involve punching the suspect in the face repeatedly

Yes, it is after anyone does what Finch did.

Again, the mere fact we have the visuals with the  mug shot shiner thrown in for good measure shows cops and county prosecutor are more than comfortable with it all.

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

Yes, it is after anyone does what Finch did.

Again, the mere fact we have the visuals with the  mug shot shiner thrown in for good measure shows cops and county prosecutor are more than comfortable with it all.

Not true at all, my mom last month fell and slipped outside on the ice and had a massive swollen eye and purple shiner they looked like she was in a fight. All she did was fall face first in the sidewalk.  Just because the guy's face is swollen doesn't mean he was beaten to a pulp.  Him being tackled from running could easy explain the shiner. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Not true at all, my mom last month fell and slipped outside on the ice and had a massive swollen eye and purple shiner they looked like she was in a fight. All she did was fall face first in the sidewalk.  Just because the guy's face is swollen doesn't mean he was beaten to a pulp.  Him being tackled from running could easy explain the shiner. 

Not disagreeing.  People are looking for something sinister here. There isnt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-04-19 at 10:16 AM, Floyd said:

The guy's face is mashed after being caught 'hotboxing' in his apartment parking lot...  sure the cops got it right 

A textbook arrest does not involve punching the suspect in the face repeatedly

So discard the fact he fought back, ran away and had to be subdued

gotcha. *finger guns*

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Translation -   I am a criminal and more then likely will not be able to enter the country and may be busy in jail lol. 

I take it as a positive sign that he is facing this situation and beginning to take responsibility for it. He may end up doing time and the road ahead may be a difficult one...but I still hope the best for him.

52 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There is a slap technique that can disorient a suspect. We were taught to use a cupped slap at the base of the skull. I didn’t like doing it though. And I’ve seen guys knocked loopy with a slap to the side of the head. 

It was a joke,  an open hand slap to stop someone is a terrible move.   It looked ridiculous enough back in the Pancrase days... a punch is much more effective and would decrease the odds of hurting yourself big time. 

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

It was a joke,  an open hand slap to stop someone is a terrible move.   It looked ridiculous enough back in the Pancrase days... a punch is much more effective and would decrease the odds of hurting yourself big time. 

Oh I know. I was remarking that a cupped slap is a legitimate move. The idea is never to throw strikes unless you have no choice due to the inherent risk involved. 

I wasn’t a fan of the slap either. If I’m able to slap a guys head, the more effective move is to actually take hold of the person and restrain them. 

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Oh I know. I was remarking that a cupped slap is a legitimate move. The idea is never to throw strikes unless you have no choice due to the inherent risk involved. 

I wasn’t a fan of the slap either. If I’m able to slap a guys head, the more effective move is to actually take hold of the person and restrain them. 

Somewhat unrelated and I am unsure if you are still bouncing these days.   But if so a must watch is Bas Rutten's self defense videos at a bar...  absolutely hilarious stuff. 

On 2018-05-06 at 2:55 PM, Brandon said:

Somewhat unrelated and I am unsure if you are still bouncing these days.   But if so a must watch is Bas Rutten's self defense videos at a bar...  absolutely hilarious stuff. 

One of my fave internet finds ever.  Rutten is such a nut lol.