Round 2 - Game 1: Jets @ Predators

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Beating the Sharks in the conference semis is basically a rite of passage for an NHL team.  Sharks have been in 11 conference semis and have lost eight of them.  They are really not good at this playoff thing.

They are very slow

man I am caught between the raps and the jets......I wonder if people will beg more minor league basketball back in Canada even, but I guess we'll have to make due with the bisons

Enstrom is in the box. to me this is a stupid excuse for a penalty

okay that does it we NEED to keep stastny. Jets lead 2-0 in the second

and judging by the swearing coach, the jets are in the box again

Scheif makes it 3-0

are you sure we are playing against the team that won 3 games over the 2 we beat them? and the 1st in the conference?

Edited by iHeart

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Will the game be replayed later?  I fell asleep and missed it =\       Were the Jets outplayed (based on the lopsided shots?) 

Not as much as the shots indicated. But yeah they were. Nashville had about 25 shots with no traffic from the blue line. Jets can be better. Im not sure Nashville can be

Lots of perimeter shots by the Predators, crashing the net looking for rebounds that we not there, Jets capitalized on their chances, not a great game by the jets but who cares ask any coach do you want your team to have a great game or a win? As O dog said on TSN after the game Scheifele is an elite superstar and if he was playing in a big market (Toronto) the whole world would know it.

only caught the 3rd period cuz of work but seemed like nashville was the bigger faster team.  But as Don Cherry alluded to after the game was Winnipeg was the smarter team and played the game perfectly against them constantly flipping the puck up against the glass avoiding any kind of smash mouth type game

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

only caught the 3rd period cuz of work but seemed like nashville was the bigger faster team.  But as Don Cherry alluded to after the game was Winnipeg was the smarter team and played the game perfectly against them constantly flipping the puck up against the glass avoiding any kind of smash mouth type game

They opened it up in the 3rd cuz it was 3 0. Only had 11 or 12 shots in the 3rd tho. 

I think that  up to this point, puck is bouncing the Jet's way. 

Couldn't tell you one specific play, but the Wild, and Nashville, had some pretty good chances, that didn't quite make it into the goal.

This makes up for some poor puck luck in prior seasons.

Don't get some of the criticism I read in other forums of some of the players, specially Wheeler.

Ask Scheifele how Wheeler is doing.

Also, I don't get the Hellebuck (sp) stole the game. The Jets scored four goals. On the supposed best defence in the league. 

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I think that  up to this point, puck is bouncing the Jet's way. 

Couldn't tell you one specific play, but the Wild, and Nashville, had some pretty good chances, that didn't quite make it into the goal.

Jets show so much consistency when it comes to preparation for these big games.   So far I feel it’s been pretty easy to see right away when they’re ‘on’, like their speed and how quickly they contest every puck.  The one loss in round one they were slow and fighting the puck all night, and that was after being cooped up in an airplane all day less than 24 hours before.

The goal post sure helped hold the lead but like Wheeler said, it happened to both teams last night.  Jets executed a sound game plan to near perfection and created their own puck luck.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Nashville's game plan, fire pucks crash net get rebounds, 2 out of those 3 happened last night so they lost the game, Jets game plan let them take low percentage shot smark and box out your man clear puck and capitalize on chances, all of that happened and the Jets won.

Man i dont think we saw any game plans shown on screen this season

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

Will the game be replayed later?  I fell asleep and missed it =\       Were the Jets outplayed (based on the lopsided shots?) 

You fell asleep? Do you have a heartbeat? :)

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Stastny makes PK Subban looks useless on Stastny's goal. Stastny beats him twice for the puck, and scores. 

I thought Buff manhandling him behind the net was a joy to watch as well.