Random Video Thread

Brandon

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2016 at 10:29 PM, Brandon said:

Note his phone falling out at around the 90 second mark and the fact that a Prius honks at him as it drives by him mocking the Jeep owner that a Prius can scale this hill.... a PRIUS!

Wow... this might be the dumbest driver I have ever seen... the whole time I was thinking "just back up a bit and pull out where it's clean"... took him 7 minutes of spinning his tires to figure it out... must be somewhere that doesn't get snow often...

52 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Wow... this might be the dumbest driver I have ever seen... the whole time I was thinking "just back up a bit and pull out where it's clean"... took him 7 minutes of spinning his tires to figure it out... must be somewhere that doesn't get snow often...

That's a lot of snow for somewhere that wouldn't get snow often.

The guy in the vid is right, get some snow tires man.  Or better all seasons.  Dude was skidding on the wet cement.  But you're right Bearpants, just back up.  I was like, "why are you stopping and gunning it, chill out dude".

6 hours ago, bearpants said:

Moron could have gotten out easily if he would have used gravity and backed down the hill instead of trying to fight up it.

the tricky part of that video is you cant see how deep the drop off is in the ditch where his tire is down in.  When i live out of town north of minnedosa back in 2008-2009, we had a van and were driving at night in the middle of a snowy winter night. we came up to a T with deep ditches on both sides. we slid while coming to a stop and the passenger side front tire went into the ditch and sunk immediately. like snow was up to the hood of the van. we needed CAA to cable tow us out

I've unfortunately got stuck many a times in snow with my "hot rod" and for the most part it's because the snow under the car is lifting it up giving it no traction on the ground.    I used to have a very handy small shovel that I could scoop the snow out, but before that the snow brush did an adequate job.  i also had traction bars which saved my ass and lots of other drivers many a times.

Had the guy also use his floor mats though it probably would of done the job at the start....

I've also talked to my coworkers who work way up North that they keep extra winter windshield washing fluid and pouring that on tires when stuck also works really well.