Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

Not counting Sundays, there are 17 days left to sign our own FAs.

Do the Bombers have a say in all the FAs we have to sign or do circumstances exist where we have no chance?

For me, at least to get to TC:

Desirable signings - Some for obvious reasons, some for NI content, some for experience:

Henoc Muamba, Chris Matthews, Jade Etienne, Brandon Stewart, Will FordJovon JohnsonAkeem Foster, Kenny Mainor, Justin Sorensen, Marc Parenteau.

Signings if it makes sense - Again, ratio-wise and depth, new signings:

JT Gilmore, Ryan Lucas, Chris CvetkovicChris KowalczukDan West.

Not a Priority - Injuries….

Chad Simpson, Andre Douglas.

For comparison: (not including retired, suspended or released)

BC - …………..0 - 5 signings

Edmonton…….4 - 11

Calgary……….10 - 17 

​Sask…………..3 - 17

​WBB…………..6 - 18

Hamilton………1 -6

​Toronto……….1 - 10

​Montreal………8 -17

The Bombers have 79 60 players listed on their roster page including all eligible FAs.
There are 34 imports and 32 26 NIs.
However, I can't imagine injured players like Sims-Walker will be back nor Bo Smith, nor Boltus (but that's just my wish)

So can someone clarify whether or not Andrew Harris is or is not a FA? There was lots of talk at the end of the season that he may be interested in coming home to play. What was that about as I can't seem to find it anywhere that states that he will be a FA.

Harris not a potential FA. Some people thought he was but they were wrong.

So can someone clarify whether or not Andrew Harris is or is not a FA? There was lots of talk at the end of the season that he may be interested in coming home to play. What was that about as I can't seem to find it anywhere that states that he will be a FA.

Harris not a potential FA. Some people thought he was but they were wrong.

Which is unfortunate since he was very under utilized last season.   Now just for the fun / sake of it....    what if the Bombers traded 1st rounder and some other player straight up for Harris.   Would anyone be for/against this?

No updates so far on FAs yet but….

Congratulations are in order to the Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan base for getting past the 1st portion of the awf-season in relatively good shape considering we've been slapped around here and there.

For the rest of Feb. it should be a whirlwind of activity involving announcing our Coaching staff, the Burris Files, signing a squad of our own FAs, and...vulturing the picks of the remaining FAs come Feb. 15th.

Pay close attention.

2 less potential FA's - Ryan Lucas & Chris Kowalczuk have been resigned per Darren Cameron.

This off-season just gets more and more underwhelming.  These two guys are probably the absolute lowest priority signings we have.

So you'd prefer we didn't sign them at all? Or just sign them and not announce it? I don't get the negative spin on this. It just "is".