MH370

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The problem I've always had with this is why is the plane's last known radar hit shown as being west of Sumatra island but the satellite ping arc starts east of the island.  Assuming catastrophic event the ping arc is pretty close to where the plane disappeared but if it was deliberate action to go west and the radar hit is acccurate then why is the ping arc not farther west?

24 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The problem I've always had with this is why is the plane's last known radar hit shown as being west of Sumatra island but the satellite ping arc starts east of the island.  Assuming catastrophic event the ping arc is pretty close to where the plane disappeared but if it was deliberate action to go west and the radar hit is acccurate then why is the ping arc not farther west?

Wasnt the satellite mapping an estimate based on plotting the pings across a course?  I think it continued well after the last radar and was shown to have continued to make course corrections.

I was firmly in the camp of some wild catastrophic failure where the pilots turned back to a known airport but lost consciousness.  Its possible the pilot, sensing the catastrophic nature, programmed a new flight path away from any cities...or was suffering from lack of oxygen and programmed a course that made no sense.

But its becoming more suspect that one of the pilots maliciously did it.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...