The TV Thread

I have FTWD on the PVR but havent got to it yet.  The gf is a HUGE TWD fan but she gave up on Fear pretty quickly.  It absolutely failed to deliver on its promise.  They never really showed us anything.  It was a poor man's TWD almost from the start, just "earlier".

They could have taken the concept of the outbreak and made it last multiple seasons if showing us a perspective we give a **** about.  Not average people...we see that and a lot better in the main show.  Show us the perspective of the leadership.

The CDC guy from TWD was really interesting.  There was a military chopper shown in TWD too, indicating some command & control still existed.

the idea that the President and Cabinet/Congress are all dead doesnt make a lot of sense.  If that's true, show us that.  That this out break could spread globally so fast as to catch everyone off guard?  Show us that.

For example, in TWD, it made sense to go to the CDC since they were near Atlanta anyway.  Big city etc.  Made sense.  But now they just wander around... go to Washington.  That was their plan with Eugene.  Why not go there?  If there is any leadership in control, they are there.  If there isn't, then they are probably holed up in an under ground bumker in Wyoming or some place.  But you want a protected location?  Go to the pentagon or the White House.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I have FTWD on the PVR but havent got to it yet.  The gf is a HUGE TWD fan but she gave up on Fear pretty quickly.  It absolutely failed to deliver on its promise.  They never really showed us anything.  It was a poor man's TWD almost from the start, just "earlier".

They could have taken the concept of the outbreak and made it last multiple seasons if showing us a perspective we give a **** about.  Not average people...we see that and a lot better in the main show.  Show us the perspective of the leadership.

The CDC guy from TWD was really interesting.  There was a military chopper shown in TWD too, indicating some command & control still existed.

the idea that the President and Cabinet/Congress are all dead doesnt make a lot of sense.  If that's true, show us that.  That this out break could spread globally so fast as to catch everyone off guard?  Show us that.

For example, in TWD, it made sense to go to the CDC since they were near Atlanta anyway.  Big city etc.  Made sense.  But now they just wander around... go to Washington.  That was their plan with Eugene.  Why not go there?  If there is any leadership in control, they are there.  If there isn't, then they are probably holed up in an under ground bumker in Wyoming or some place.  But you want a protected location?  Go to the pentagon or the White House.

FTWD seems like its on a much slower pace time wise then TWD. by season 3 rick and co. were already starting to cultivate and inhabit the prison which seemed like a long time after the outbreak (like everything was destroyed and scavenging was the name of the game to survive).  FTWD seems like it's still only a few months since the outbreak and it's season 3 already.  People aren't so hard up to survive they've turned to complete chaos such as cannibalism or lawless rule, tho it seems that's slowly starting to creep in... the loss of humanity among the living. 

The biggest difference between the 2 is the lack of logic by the FTWD crew. As you mentioned, Rick and Co. seeked out the CDC, then ventured to Washington for answers and possible cures. The FTWD crew are like oh no zombies,  quick,  onto the boat.  Oh no zombies in Mexico,  back to america. It seems like TWD ppl finally gave up once they hit alexandria and now it's about finding a home and building back up from there,  but these people on FTWD don't seem to really have any purpose or direction, just flying by the seat of their pants until an inevitable bad situation falls into their laps then have to scramble to escape. 

Another thing FTWD could do that could work wonders is (I'll post in spoilers in case people haven't read TWD comics

Spoiler

The FTWD crew could become the Whispers - Living people who wear the flesh of walkers and live among a massive herd of them, like 1000s.  In the comics the leader of the Whisper is Alpha - a woman (could be Madison) who has a daughter (could be Alicia) that ends up falling for Carl prior to the War between the Whispers vs Alexandria/Hilltop/The Kingdom/The Sanctuary.  Madison's son Nick has already been shown multiple times to have perfected the art of blending into a herd of Walkers, that could be the foreshadow to how the Whispers come to be.

They would need to speed up the FTWD timeline though. TWD has about 1 maybe 2 seasons tops before the Whispers would/should be introduced. If they did this right,  they could tie both series in perfectly and probably blow most hardcore fans minds to see Madison(Alpha) walking around alexandria without the zombie suit on

48 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Finished off S3 BCS last night. Too bad quality only goes so far. What is that 9/10 eps and they're done for another year?

Yeah i watched it too, love that series. Didnt know the actor who plays nacho is canadian, thats cool. 

Idk how long the series can go on for. Maybe if they run into the saul POV of breaking bad they could extend it. But other wise i see 1 maybe 2 more seasons. 

I guess maybe I should have googled this before, but sounds like I could have been on the right track with FTWD : TWD 

Spoiler

"I feel like it's something that probably evolved over time," Kirkman starts, before going on to tease, "Maybe they were putting blood all over their faces and were walking around in Mexico and went, 'Oh, it would probably be better if we just used skin.'"

If this comes to be, my interest in FTWD just increased about 10 fold

Just now, wbbfan said:

Yeah i watched it too, love that series. Didnt know the actor who plays nacho is canadian, thats cool. 

Idk how long the series can go on for. Maybe if they run into the saul POV of breaking bad they could extend it. But other wise i see 1 maybe 2 more seasons. 

Well at only 10 eps a year another 4!

4 hours ago, Wideleft said:

While I'm on this thread, is anyone else watching Fargo season 3 or Better Call Saul?  Those are 2 amazing series.

Finally, finally starting Better Call Saul now. Finished first ep of new season last night. Easily one of my top 10 favourite shows ever - just so clever. 

I've been running an outdated XBMC on my laptop for so long and had abandoned tv watching on it in favour of Netflix & sports. Now trying again. I guess I should just upgrade to Kodi or get a box and step up my game!

22 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Finally, finally starting Better Call Saul now. Finished first ep of new season last night. Easily one of my top 10 favourite shows ever - just so clever. 

I've been running an outdated XBMC on my laptop for so long and had abandoned tv watching on it in favour of Netflix & sports. Now trying again. I guess I should just upgrade to Kodi or get a box and step up my game!

Ive got a minix player as well as a roku and swear by them. Though i also stream from my pc a lot as well. 

BCS is fantastic and only gets better. No bad story lines and soo many great supporting characters and roles. 

23 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well at only 10 eps a year another 4!

:lol:

20 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Ive got a minix player as well as a roku and swear by them. Though i also stream from my pc a lot as well. 

BCS is fantastic and only gets better. No bad story lines and soo many great supporting characters and roles. 

:lol:

Do you pay for any of the content?  

I didn't like how they turned him into a super villain and was just one of the reason I stopped watching the show when they ran out of book material (so didn't see last season) but the dude played a guy that it is impossible to not hate so very very well. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I didn't like how they turned him into a super villain and was just one of the reason I stopped watching the show when they ran out of book material (so didn't see last season) but the dude played a guy that it is impossible to not hate so very very well. 

Last season was slow but the final two episodes were so, so, so worth it.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

It's ABC...you were expecting Netflix?

it doesn't really matter to me what station, or company plays it, since it's Marvel, I assume it will be done with the same quality as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which I've caught a couple times but never really got into.

I think this just looks a little on the weak side.  When one of your primary characters (Black Bolt) is essentially mute so he doesn't kill everyone around him, I think it would make for not-so compelling screen time.  Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow) should play a decent villain as Black Bolt's brother Maximus the Mad however so that's why I might give it a chance, but the quality of that trailer reminded me of shows like Stargate-SG1 type sci-fi that i wasn't really a fan of

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

it doesn't really matter to me what station, or company plays it, since it's Marvel, I assume it will be done with the same quality as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which I've caught a couple times but never really got into.

I think this just looks a little on the weak side.  When one of your primary characters (Black Bolt) is essentially mute so he doesn't kill everyone around him, I think it would make for not-so compelling screen time.  Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow) should play a decent villain as Black Bolt's brother Maximus the Mad however so that's why I might give it a chance, but the quality of that trailer reminded me of shows like Stargate-SG1 type sci-fi that i wasn't really a fan of

Well at least they not film it in BC for once. Still Hawaii?