The TV Thread

16 hours ago, iHeart said:

unless maybe it wasn't an accident after all so they would beat the hackers to the punch.....nah even HBO isn't that dumb especially since HBO doesn't do commercias

Maybe this was just with MTS... but I typically watch GOT on VOD, and this last episode was the first I noticed several ads before the show started - granted just HBO previews, not actual commericals. 

I kind of have my qualms about shows that are leaked, I watch the first episode of Total Drama the Ridonculous Race 3 months before it was supposed to premiere, and I didn't know until long after I finished the episode that it was leaked.

the show runner at the time was the admin of the total drama facebook group and I apologized for watching it too earlier and told them if it made them feel any better I liked what I saw and I couldn't wait for September to come

Anyone watch the Scott Peterson/Laci Peterson docu-series this week?  I have the first episode taped but havent had a chance to watch it yet.  I was transfixed by the case and trial and am looking forward to it.  Looks like we're getting a wave of true crime series/docu-series.

Im actually in the middle of re-watching the entire run of X-Files and its even better than I remember.  The over-arching conspiracy flows better by watching the series in quicker fashion.  Although I just finished the first film and am into Season 6 where it was really hitting its stride.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Anyone watch the Scott Peterson/Laci Peterson docu-series this week?  I have the first episode taped but havent had a chance to watch it yet.  I was transfixed by the case and trial and am looking forward to it.  Looks like we're getting a wave of true crime series/docu-series.

Im actually in the middle of re-watching the entire run of X-Files and its even better than I remember.  The over-arching conspiracy flows better by watching the series in quicker fashion.  Although I just finished the first film and am into Season 6 where it was really hitting its stride.

I stopped at the film.

On 8/17/2017 at 11:56 AM, Taynted_Fayth said:

nvm found it on Kodi,  what a great episode the season finale should be a gooder next week

i expect some thing really good next week. All the fan service has been cool but I want some hard hitting story.  I did like it though. I mean ofc its GOT lol.

Bout to watch defenders hyped for this one. 

Edited by wbbfan

This is from LTR and actually pretty great:

http://lrmonline.com/news/david-hasselhoff-wants-to-star-in-a-knight-rider-movie-in-the-vein-of-logan

Hasselhoff had a conversation with CinemaBlend about his role in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Hasselhoff couldn’t help but pitch his dream project:

"I have met Robert Rodriguez. He does Dusk til Dawn and Machete. And I said 'You need to do Knight Rider.' Because he was doing a marathon of Knight Riders and he said 'Can we have a selfie!?' And I said, 'No, I don't want a selfie! I want to do the movie! I want to shoot the TV series! I want to bring it back and make it dark! Michael Knight comes back and he's pissed.' ... I hope it happens, and if it does, it'll be kind of like Logan. It will be dark.

Hasselhoff as Michael Knight in 2017. Knight Rider. The saga continues."

They remade Knight Rider on TV a few years ago and I thought it had merit and they totally went the wrong direction with it.  I think it was created as a total re-boot and then they shoe horned Hasselhoff in for a cameo and re-tooled the pilot to be more of a sequel than a re boot but it had no heart.

There is a good story in there somewhere as far as AI and the fight for justice etc.  You'd have to get William Daniels out of retirement though.   I just checked and he did Girl Meets World this year so he's obviously open to acting.

On 6/20/2017 at 1:43 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

@Wideleft I went with quality over quantity (and actually the 75" non-OLED was MORE than the 65" OLED I got).  Got the LG OLED E7.  And then went out and bought the OPPO 203 4K Blu Ray Player.  Magnificent.

Apparently Costco's finally rolling out OLED's into stores.

Okay, I watched the first episode of the Laci Peterson docu-series.  Its really good but be prepared, its very much a "balanced" look at the case, meaning it presents an argument that Scott didnt do it.

I actually found nothing compelling about the pro-Scott arguments that were made in the first episode although they promise to show many witnesses who claimed to see laci the day she disappeared AFTER Scott had already left for the day (meaning he couldn't have done it).

I love true crime and I was so emotionally invested in this case.  Much like the revival of interest in the Jonbenet case, this is really fascinating to discuss.

For the record, I think Scott did it.  And I think his father's statements in the TV show were efforts to dismiss his guilty behavior.  For example, Scott was asked on day one if he'd take a polygraph and he replied "Sure....they're accurate right?"  I found that response really interesting.  Scott later refuse and his father claims he told Scott "whatever you do, dont take a polygraph".  I think his father was taking the heat for the son. 

The other scenario is that there was so much press that Scott went fishing that day that whomever really kidnapped Laci knew to dump her body there to frame Scott.  And that he didnt really go fishing (he didnt know what fish he was fishing for etc) but just to get the boat in the water (it was new).  But his original alibi was to go golfing but he was seen at the marina and had to change his story. 

Watched the first 3 episodes of the Defenders.  So far, so good.  I like how they introduced everyone.  Felt a bit slow but still entertained me.  It's now getting into the good stuff.  Don't want to spoil too much so I'll just say so far so good but it does start slow, but they do have to bring it 4 characters so...

And Sigourney Weaver is excellent in this.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Netflix standup special on the horizon for Jerry Seinfeld.  This in addition to Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee coming to Netflix late 2017.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/22/jerry-seinfeld-netflix-standup-special/

This is great...I really enjoy CiCGC....

2 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Watched the first 3 episodes of the Defenders.  So far, so good.  I like how they introduced everyone.  Felt a bit slow but still entertained me.  It's now getting into the good stuff.  Don't want to spoil too much so I'll just say so far so good but it does start slow, but they do have to bring it 4 characters so...

And Sigourney Weaver is excellent in this.

I have gone through 2 episodes so far but it's soooo dry through them. Coulda had a lot better pacing if you ask me, but maybe they were just desperate to stretch them to how ever many episodes they have. Will keep chugging through them though when I get a chance and see how it winds up. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

the Obama one kicked ass...so good. Loved the Maher one, the Rickles one and the Carrey one (the dude has gone fully insane, but him climbing the gate is still hilarious...)

Carrey is one of those "artists" that eventually go full on nuts.  His art is amazing though if you ever watch a video of him paining.  But he's gone WAY far into the spiritual/meditation side.  I mean, being spiritual and doing meditation is good, but when you go that far with anything you've gone to the nutty side of things.

That episode was good though.  He's still got the humor in him, but he holds it back now.  You could see Jerry was trying to pull it out of him in that episode and Carrey kept going back to the crazy.