The TV Thread

17 hours ago, iHeart said:

Was just coming here to post.  A ton of allegations surfacing about Spacey now including from people working on House of Cards. Netflix definitely doing the right thing. 

Sadly it screws everyone else working on that show. I wonder if they’d consider a re-cast. It says they are sill soaking to the production company about a way forward but said Netflix will not be involved as long as Spacey is. Which implies to me they’d consider continuing without him. 

13 minutes ago, iHeart said:

It was a decent show.  Really great cast.  The first season was the entirety of the book it was based on so a second season would be uncharted territory but from the article, HBO has asked the novelist to work on the season  2 story.

I would highly recommend "Playmakers", it's a series that takes you behind the scenes into the locker room of a fictional pro football team and covers "football" related topics much better than "Ballers" does.  If at all accurate in the details, these pro athletes pay a huge price for their brief football careers in terms of life expectancy and physical health.

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

you know for Roseanne's sake, people better be watching, but I don't know if I want to, oh wait I forgot I want to find out what happened to Mark

https://tvline.com/2017/11/13/roseanne-revival-9-episodes-order-increased-abc/

I’m curious. It was a tremendous show at the time. 

13 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I’m curious. It was a tremendous show at the time. 

I'm glad that they are ignoring the last season (s) of the show and focusing on the great seasons of what made the show so good.  

The actor who played Mark,  I think he died of an OD or something in real life.   I assume that the character won't be in the new show.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I'm glad that they are ignoring the last season (s) of the show and focusing on the great seasons of what made the show so good.  

The actor who played Mark,  I think he died of an OD or something in real life.   I assume that the character won't be in the new show.

yeah I doubt it too, also I have heard from a source that has actually been to a couple of tapings that Johnny Galecki hasn't been present there. Why do I have a bad feeling that even if they do reverse the final season something bad will have happened to David

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

yeah I doubt it too, also I have heard from a source that has actually been to a couple of tapings that Johnny Galecki hasn't been present there. Why do I have a bad feeling that even if they do reverse the final season something bad will have happened to David

If I recall, Galecki is very close friends with Sara Gilbert still (I think she's a producer on the new Roseanne).  I bet they get him for a cameo where he sneaks on set for it or something.

I really enjoyed American Crime Story season one.  True Crime is hot right now with no lack of source material.    I watched a documentary about Elizabeth Smart which would make a good True Crime series as well.  Plus, of course Jonbenet (if thats not played out as awful as it is to say), Manson murders.   They could tackle the Bernardo murders.  Lots of options.