The TV Thread

I binge watched Stranger Things season 2 this weekend, and really liked it. Was worried about a season 2 let down, but it still felt new and familiar at the same time. The kids on that show really carry it- really good actors.

Edited by itchy

1 hour ago, itchy said:

I binge watched Stranger Things season 2 this weekend, and really liked it. Was worried about a season 2 let down, but it still felt new and familiar at the same time. The kids on that show really carry it- really good actors.

I have two episodes to go.  I'd say season 1 is stronger but season 2 is good.  I'd have finished it but the gf needed to sleep haha so its still very bingeable. 

And I agree, the kids are all charming and pretty good actors.  Milie Bobby Brown is terrific.  She's really a sweet charming kid and a good actor.  But the kids are directed really well too.  And the adults are solid.  Sean Astin was a great addition to this season.

I saw someone online say its a better story if you think of both seasons as one big story.  I get that.

50 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I have two episodes to go.  I'd say season 1 is stronger but season 2 is good.  I'd have finished it but the gf needed to sleep haha so its still very bingeable. 

And I agree, the kids are all charming and pretty good actors.  Milie Bobby Brown is terrific.  She's really a sweet charming kid and a good actor.  But the kids are directed really well too.  And the adults are solid.  Sean Astin was a great addition to this season.

I saw someone online say its a better story if you think of both seasons as one big story.  I get that.

Season 3 is set up pretty well, too. They've got some options on how to progress the story.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Must be fall, because all I seem to do is watch Jets/Bombers and binge TV shows :P

I started s1 of The Leftovers over the weekend.  It's a pretty somber show, won't be a pick me up for you.  Interesting nonetheless.  Randomly one day,  160M people, or 2% of the Earth's population just straight up vanish.  The series opens 3 years to the day from "the disappearance".  

....some might say it's what the real world needs right now....a lot less ppl!  ;)

I liked this show.   Thought the main character was very well acted.. story line was pretty bizarre at times but otherwise worth watching.

Welp. the next season of House of Cards will be the last, I kind of want to stupidly say "Anybody care to guess why?" but that might not be the truth

Multiple sources confirm, however, that the decision to bring HoC to an end was made months ago and was not in response to the allegations. (A Netflix rep confirms this.)

http://tvline.com/2017/10/30/house-of-cards-ending-cancelled-season-6-kevin-spacey/

Edited by iHeart

23 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Welp. the next season of House of Cards will be the last, I kind of want to stupidly say "Anybody care to guess why?" but that might not be the truth

http://tvline.com/2017/10/30/house-of-cards-ending-cancelled-season-6-kevin-spacey/

Gonna be empty Academy Awards this year. Doubt if Casey Affleck shows up now.

the story about Steven Seagal and Katherine Heigl made me sick to my stomach last week. I think everyone knew Hollywood was sleazy, but I'm not sure I knew it was THIS bad....like really, crazy, brutal bad on women and minorities.....Christ.

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

the story about Steven Seagal and Katherine Heigl made me sick to my stomach last week. I think everyone knew Hollywood was sleazy, but I'm not sure I knew it was THIS bad....like really, crazy, brutal bad on women and minorities.....Christ.

I looked up this story and it is weird in the sense Heigl told the story as a joke and claimed to love Seagal.  So its odd.  Tony of creepiness and outright deviancy in Hollywood.

I couldnt help but think about these stories while finishing off Stranger Things last night, what with its kid-heavy cast.  So to change the subject a bit, now that I've finished it, really great ending to the season.  The final episode was a tear jerker in a really satisfying way.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I looked up this story and it is weird in the sense Heigl told the story as a joke and claimed to love Seagal.  So its odd.  Tony of creepiness and outright deviancy in Hollywood.

I couldnt help but think about these stories while finishing off Stranger Things last night, what with its kid-heavy cast.  So to change the subject a bit, now that I've finished it, really great ending to the season.  The final episode was a tear jerker in a really satisfying way.

Good for Seagal at the time. Lucky to get under 30 now.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Good for Seagal at the time. Lucky to get under 30 now.

Well, he was 43 at the time so maybe 15/16 year olds shouldn't have been his focus.   I once met a girl at a party and was told she was 18 (she and a mutual friend both told me that).  We began dating and she admitted she was 16.  I was creeped out a bit and I was only 25! 

Anyway... anyone watch The Deuce?  The finale was this past Sunday.  Great series.  takes some patience though.  By the guys that made The Wire.  Gritty.  It can be tough to watch (and I find it oddly mixed with the back ground noise really loud) but it became cant-miss for me.  It was renewed for a second season by HBO.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Anyway... anyone watch The Deuce?  The finale was this past Sunday.  Great series.  takes some patience though.  By the guys that made The Wire.  Gritty.  It can be tough to watch (and I find it oddly mixed with the back ground noise really loud) but it became cant-miss for me.  It was renewed for a second season by HBO.

I tried the premiere twice on my StreamTeam box and couldn't get it to work. 

It's next on my docket after Stranger Things 2.

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

aw this isn't fair

http://tvline.com/2017/11/01/me-myself-i-cancelled-cbs-season-1-bobby-moynihan/#tvline-comments-881995

it'll finish it's run though, Man with a Plan will go in it's place

Superior Donuts & 9JKL still hanging.

Thought 9JKL be the first to go just from the name.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

http://tvline.com/2017/11/01/american-crime-story-season-2-gianni-versace-premiere-date-fx/

but one of my concerns is, how many people will watch it? because how fascinated were people with the Versace murder compared with the OJ trial?

I think it will do well.  That was a really big case at the time (maybe not OJ levels, but big nonetheless).   American Crime Story is already doing a 3rd season so I dont think they're worried.  True Crime is pretty popular.  And there are many cases they can make into a season.