The TV Thread

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've really been enjoying the Menendez Murders on NBC this year.....some really crazy stuff talked about that makes it a bit of a "tough" watch, but it's really good. 

I didnt really follow the murders that closely when they happened so there was a lot of new info for me.  Like I didnt realise the abuse had much more evidence than previously thought especially the revelation (assuming its true) that both parents had also been abused as children.  So knowing that (again, assuming its true), I could not convict them of first degree murder.  However, I do think they wanted the money and wanted their parents out of the way.

I think they were likely abused, sexually and mentally/physically.  They grew up privileged and their awful life behind closed doors was the price they paid.  When that was threatened, when they were going to be cut out and not going to be allowed to truly become adults and go out into the world, they became enraged and decided they werent going to stand for it.  Because they could have gone to the cops.  I dont believe they felt imminent danger.  I believe they said screw it, time to wastes these assholes and get what we deserve after all these years.

aw man, I weaned myself off the show in the second half of last season, now I'll have to start watching it again, this sucks.....but I guess 6 seasons is long enough....I hope this means Chip will return to Whose Line again though

and to be fair all I really wanted was closure for Juliette after her plane crash, and it was kind of worth it the lady that saved her had a pretty singing voice

http://tvline.com/2017/11/17/nashville-cancelled-no-season-7-cmt/

Edited by iHeart

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

Its coming up seemingly a fist full a week. 

I think most people have long been accepting of the exploitative nature of hollywood/entertainment. Now this outrage culture has every case, allegation and assault ever popping up as news. Even by hollywood standards its sad whats going on. Knowing the sheer amount of stuff turned up, some thing or some things are going to be un true and possibly ruin some one, and worse the thought of what greater true horrors probably remain burried. I really dont like SJW/offended culture, and idk if any of this will actually result in justice or change. 

54 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I kind of wonder, what are SJW's really fighting for?

Its an insult to most people who give a ****.  Call them Social Justice Warriors.  whatever.  if being on the side of men & women who have been harassed and/or assaulted makes one a SJW, then we should all be SJW's.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its an insult to most people who give a ****.  Call them Social Justice Warriors.  whatever.  if being on the side of men & women who have been harassed and/or assaulted makes one a SJW, then we should all be SJW's.

Amen....I've never been the most politically  correct person, but actually living in Rural Alberta has changed my point of view on a lot of these things and made me WAY more cognizant of sexism, racism, xenophobia, etc (because it's so prevalent here).....and I find myself standing up for it way more than I would have ever thought to in the past. 

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

No, its an insult to people who get offended as a hobby.  Thats not what a SJW is. Thats as much what a SJW is as antifa is anti facist. 

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

I have not watched any of it yet,   how does it compare to the movies?

Cant really compare marvel tv shows to the movies. Its imo the best or tied for the best marvel tv show. 

18 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

To imply that people reporting harassment are activists as a hobby or whatever is wrong. 

I'm glad all of this is coming up to the forefront. too many women have been victimized and harassed.  its time for it to stop. they deserve to be respected as much as their male peers..

but it goes beyond that.. its people with "power" abusing it to satisfy their lust and desires..   that is atrocious and i'm so happy to see them being exposed for all to see now.  predators need to be stomped out.

fwiw, via a tweet from Con-MP Michelle Rempel (whose party generally condones this kind of behaviour...) this is an email she received from someone....no idea what the context is (eg - what caused the gentleman to send this)

DPG4hEdXcAAIZDT.jpg:large

Edited by Noeller

well the next season of Dancing with the Stars will be an all athletes edition, anyone want to bet that we won't be seeing any hockey players? in fact I'm willing to bet that most of the athletes will be fresh off of South Korea 2018 (where in South Korea will the Olympics be held again? I want to say Seoul but I'm probably wrong)

http://tvline.com/2017/11/22/dancing-with-the-stars-season-26-athletes-edition-dwts/

Edited by iHeart