The TV Thread

Recently watched Dave Chappelle's latest Netflix specials just released last month. Both were absolutely hilarious. So pointed and timely.

I really enjoyed the first one. I don't typically laugh out loud when I'm watching comedy alone but I really couldn't help it. I had to skip back a few time to catch what I was missing while laughing.

well it's going to happen

http://tvline.com/2018/01/18/party-of-five-reboot-freeform-pilot-commitment-immigration-twist/

to be honest I wish they could have just brought back everyone from the original series, I mean are any of them doing anything right now (I know Lacey Chabert shows up in the occasional Lifetime/Hallmark movie)

Edited by iHeart

On 1/18/2018 at 12:41 PM, iHeart said:

well it's going to happen

http://tvline.com/2018/01/18/party-of-five-reboot-freeform-pilot-commitment-immigration-twist/

to be honest I wish they could have just brought back everyone from the original series, I mean are any of them doing anything right now (I know Lacey Chabert shows up in the occasional Lifetime/Hallmark movie)

I loved Party of Five but the narrative would be a big issue if they used the original characters.  Where do the stories come from when you have 5 siblings where the youngest is, what, 30-something?  Even if you picked one of them to base the show around, you'd essentially need to kill off the rest to come back to the original premise.  So I can see why they'd just use the same premise with new characters.

8 minutes ago, iHeart said:

yeah I know I don't see how the narrative would work that well, I mean if the parents were illegal immigrants but the children weren't....somehow maybe there would be a new twist on the story somehow

Newly immigrated family and the parents die, still creates an interesting narrative of fitting in...and potentially being deported.  Perhaps the twist isnt that social services are watching, but that they avoid telling anyone the truth at all.