CFL Power Rankings after week 4

3rd place sounds about right for now, seeing as 4th thru 9 don't have the same # of wins than we have.

And we're playing BC, the #4 team…seems like a good time to settle the 3rd place position for this week and going forward.

Beat BC for #3.

3rd place sounds about right for now, seeing as 4th thru 9 don't have the same # of wins than we have.

And we're playing BC, the #4 team…seems like a good time to settle the 3rd place position for this week and going forward.

Beat BC for #3.

Pretty well how I see it. Who ever wens the cal/edm game is first next week. Loser drops to second or stays second. Winner of Wpg/BC would be third loser should be fourth but that's where things could get tricky. I think if the bombers lose they would go to 4 but if BC loses and the Riders win the Riders might take over 4th with BC dropping to 5. If the Riders lose well then BC 4th and the rest don't matter ;)

The way we played, we're lucky we're not in 6th, but realistically, right now, with the butt-kicking fresh in my mind, I would have to rate the Bombers behind Edmonton, Sask (ugh), Calgary and maybe even behind BC. If we beat BC, we can claim 4th spot rightfully, if not, we'll be lucky to hold onto 5th place.

The way we played, we're lucky we're not in 6th, but realistically, right now, with the butt-kicking fresh in my mind, I would have to rate the Bombers behind Edmonton, Sask (ugh), Calgary and maybe even behind BC. If we beat BC, we can claim 4th spot rightfully, if not, we'll be lucky to hold onto 5th place.

There is no reasonable argument that I can think of as to why we would be behind Saskatchewan. Explain.

"Realistically" and basing things off one performance out of 4 doesn't really compute.

These rankings have nothing to do with last years standings and this season Sask. hasn't accomplished enough to be rated above #5.

There is no reasonable argument that I can think of as to why we would be behind Saskatchewan. Explain.

Looking at Sask's depth compared to ours and overall talent gives them the edge over the Bombers, IMO. This is why the upcoming game against the Lions has to be critical- it will confirm either the worst of the last game or show that to be a collective brain cramp. If Sask comes up snake-eyes again, then I would concede that they are worse.

About the way I see it at the moment.  I expect that BC and Wpg will change places next week.

Well that's a positive tone.  "Hey Bomber message board... we're going to lose to BC this week."  Thanks for that. 

We put out a clunker last week.  Calgary's going to put out a couple this year, so is Edmonton.  Every other team has put out at least one thus far.  Burke followed up clunkers with clunkers.  I'm expecting a game #1 vs. Toronto type of effort out of these O'Shea Bombers on Friday.  A humbling loss should have exactly that effect on a good team with a great leader.

I half-expected BC to be the 3rd seed, with WPG at 4 this week.  Power rankings often favor the hot teams, and BC's won 2 straight (over what looked to be poorly prepared opponents) after all.  I actually agree with the power rankings for once.

Edmonton should be first.

I disagree... Edmonton has at least shown some signs of weakness. Calgary looks unbeatable.
Calgary barely beat Hamilton.

That game was never in doubt. Not for a second.

.....and never mind they're missing Cornish and other starters!

Looking at Sask's depth compared to ours and overall talent gives them the edge over the Bombers, IMO. This is why the upcoming game against the Lions has to be critical- it will confirm either the worst of the last game or show that to be a collective brain cramp. If Sask comes up snake-eyes again, then I would concede that they are worse.

While power rankings are in my opinion totally irrelevant to the actual standings and never worth talking about, they do have conceptual parameters that are generally agreed upon.  Depth and overall talent are not among them.  At least not past week 1.  It is an entirely performance-based, what-have-you-done-for-me-lately? ranking.  Your sadness over the Bombers losing a game does not in any way elevate the performances of the Riders so far this year.

My prediction for Power Rankings this Week.

Calgary

Edmonton

Winnipeg

Saskatchewan

BC

Montreal

Toronto

Hamilton

Ottawa

So fairly unchanged from last week. I think the Riders leap over BC with what happened to both teams. Montreal didn't play but still managed to do better then TO while watching the games from home. then. And the bottom two will either remain unchanged or Hamilton might move up based on their past two performances.

My prediction for Power Rankings this Week.

Calgary

Edmonton

Winnipeg

Saskatchewan

BC

Montreal

Toronto

Hamilton

Ottawa

So fairly unchanged from last week. I think the Riders leap over BC with what happened to both teams. Montreal didn't play but still managed to do better then TO while watching the games from home. then. And the bottom two will either remain unchanged or Hamilton might move up based on their past two performances.

Calgary

Edmonton

Winnipeg

Saskatchewan

BC

Toronto

Hamilton

Ottawa

Montreal