Drew (Joe Montana) Willy

coach17

I think an honorable mention should go to Hajrullahu for having the presence of mind to kick the ball through his own end zone for the safety after the high snap. If he simply falls on it or tries to make a play which would likely fail, then the Ti-Cats get the ball deep in Bomber territory and come away with at least a field goal, if not a touchdown. Giving up only a safety lead to the margin of victory.

I think an honorable mention should go to Hajrullahu for having the presence of mind to kick the ball through his own end zone for the safety after the high snap. If he simply falls on it or tries to make a play which would likely fail, then the Ti-Cats get the ball deep in Bomber territory and come away with at least a field goal, if not a touchdown. Giving up only a safety lead to the margin of victory.

Forget not also catching the high snap and getting the punt off....  had he not caught the high ball it would of been an easy 7 for the Tabbies

Speaking of honourable mention... how about that catch by JFG on the 3 with seconds left in the game.... to hang on to the ball while getting blasted by the safety was incredible.... huge atonement for the fumble earlier...

Good point.  This is how I felt about JFG after that catch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSr-VWc_7WQ

Speaking of honourable mention... how about that catch by JFG on the 3 with seconds left in the game.... to hang on to the ball while getting blasted by the safety was incredible.... huge atonement for the fumble earlier... 

As far as I am concerned ..... atonement for what? He did what I'd want him to do - and 9 times out of 10 he gets the first down, the 10th time he fumbles. Conversely, he can do a Grigsby, go down on first contact to 'protect the ball' and it's 3rd and two and 10 out 10 times we are punting. I'll take the 9 out of 10 and say he (JFG) made the right decision and #0 for Hamilton made a great football play. Players on the other team make those too - not just bomber players (as in if it was the bomber D doing that we wouldn't say the opposing receiver 'fumbled' we'd be talking about the great play our defender made in causing it - and make no mistake that's exactly what it was - he was hit at the exact right time in the right way - he's a second earlier or later or in a slightly different way he does not lose the ball).

But I agree that's a highlight of the week catch and up there in the CFL plays of the year at the end of the season. What a find this kid was/is. 

I have no issue with his play, and certainly would have put zero blame on him if we lost... I think he's turning out to be a great receiver... point is, some guys get shaken when they make a turnover... in this case the fumble... but he showed great poise and professionalism to come back and make the catch to set up the game winner

This kid is a diamond in the rough.....looks better, in terms of patterns, catching and blocking....every time I see him.

Sometimes when I see him out there I forget we were once concerned about starting him... I can now say I would feel 100% comfortable starting JFG, Kohlert, and Watson if the ratio circumstances required... and Watson was actually healthy