Willy is one tough son of a mother ...

IC Khari

Niether a wrecked throwing hand or a twisted up ankle can take this guy down! There he was in the third quarter running for a TD when poor ole Buck would have been in the infirmary by now ;) Win or lose this season, Drew is a born leader, a tough hombre, and a rising star in this league, He is the real deal and something special and if we can put some more of the right pieces around him, we'll be successful for years to come. Just my thoughts hopefully encouraging, on an otherwise depressing rainy last day of August ... ;)

He certainly earned my admiration.  When he was down I figured the game was over,  and thought that at least we'd get to see what the backup QBs can actually do.  Very surprised when he came back out and everything he did after that was just a bonus since I'd already conceded defeat.  Even if the Bombers lose the Banjo Bowl and finish out the season 9-9 I feel really good about the future with Willy at the helm.

Niether a wrecked throwing hand or a twisted up ankle can take this guy down! There he was in the third quarter running for a TD when poor ole Buck would have been in the infirmary by now ;) Win or lose this season, Drew is a born leader, a tough hombre, and a rising star in this league, He is the real deal and something special and if we can put some more of the right pieces around him, we'll be successful for years to come. Just my thoughts hopefully encouraging, on an otherwise depressing rainy last day of August ... ;)

I hope his ankle ok...

there were more than a few people complaining about drew during the game on the chat… with some saying, good let's see what brohm can do…. till drew came back and scored the td. impatient folks, some bomber fans.

We have collectively been beaten down too much, and with how little life the team showed and how when the first thing went wrong they'd be totally lost people are just jumpy. Takes a long time to get over being abused like that. 

Willy is the real deal.  Best QB we've had in a loooong time.  Buck's mentality coupled with being tough as nails.  Ray's composure.  Still in his first year as a starter so he still has a lot of possible upside.  It will be interesting to see how the ankle problem plays out this week.  Once the tape came off, I suspect there was a lot of pain and swelling.  I hope he is ready for the Banjo bowl.  If not, we will probably lose it.

Willy is the real deal.  Best QB we've had in a loooong time.  Buck's mentality coupled with being tough as nails.  Ray's composure.  Still in his first year as a starter so he still has a lot of possible upside.  It will be interesting to see how the ankle problem plays out this week.  Once the tape came off, I suspect there was a lot of pain and swelling.  I hope he is ready for the Banjo bowl.  If not, we will probably lose it.

We're going to be in trouble next weekend anyways. The deficiencies in this year's team have not changed since day one: the O-line, a smallish front seven that gets pushed around, a lousy running game, and (arguably) average import receivers. I don't see that changing this season but we'll probably make the playoffs due to such a pathetic eastern division. We aren't going to scare anyone in the western division- or Toronto for that matter.

I like Willy a lot -- but he seems like a bit of a baby. 

Mid week, in practice -- reportedly "injures throwing hand, falls down writhing in pain." By end of practice is supposedly "fine." O'Shea, when asked about it by Irving, seems almost a little embarrassed (the defensive player in him) saying "it didn't seem too bad."

Then during the game, gets his ankle rolled. Writhing on the field like he blew his ACL. I thought by his reaction he was done for the season. Comes back literally the next series and limps for all of 5 steps.

I dunno -- can you picture Dunigan or Khari doing that?

Our boy needs a bit of toughness I think....

Mid week, in practice -- reportedly "injures throwing hand, falls down writhing in pain." By end of practice is supposedly "fine." O'Shea, when asked about it by Irving, seems almost a little embarrassed (the defensive player in him) saying "it didn't seem too bad."

Then during the game, gets his ankle rolled. Writhing on the field like he blew his ACL. I thought by his reaction he was done for the season. Comes back literally the next series and limps for all of 5 steps.

Natural tendency I think.  I swear like a mother ***** when I injure myself.

I tell you what.  We'll have a 270 lb football player fall on top of you and bend your ankle in a way it's not supposed to bend.  And lets see how you react. 

Idiot

I tell you what.  We'll have a 270 lb football player fall on top of you and bend your ankle in a way it's not supposed to bend.  And lets see how you react. 

Idiot

Love it -- name calling on the internet, from the safety of mom's basement.

You're one scary SOB. 

Not scary at all but I left the security of mom's basement a long time ago and now live in a million dollar house in Calgary.  I'll pm you the address if you want and you can come check it out. 

You're still an (&&&^) and if they want to ban me.  It'll be worth it.  

Not scary at all but I left the security of mom's basement a long time ago and now live in a million dollar house in Calgary.  I'll pm you the address if you want and you can come check it out. 

You're still an (&&&^) and if they want to ban me.  It'll be worth it.  

You simply bit on a TROLL post...that's all.

We're going to be in trouble next weekend anyways. The deficiencies in this year's team have not changed since day one: the O-line, a smallish front seven that gets pushed around, a lousy running game, and (arguably) average import receivers. I don't see that changing this season but we'll probably make the playoffs due to such a pathetic eastern division. We aren't going to scare anyone in the western division- or Toronto for that matter.

I don't see the same doomsday scenario as you do for next weekend and as much as our deficiencies have been exposed, I think we have done a good job of exposing other team's weaknesses.

Didn't we just take that game to the very end against a very good team?

Watched the replay, again.....have concerns this week, because of the way that ankle bent back.   That said, this Willy guy....in his  first half year as a starter......has provided overall good play......shown grit, engineered multiple comebacks..... and has established himself as the de facto on-field LEADER, of the team. 

What else would we like?   Some of the nitpicking about Drew......and a rookie head coach who has COMPLETELY turned around the sad sack culture, round these parts....is really something else.....

I don't see the same doomsday scenario as you do for next weekend and as much as our deficiencies have been exposed, I think we have done a good job of exposing other team's weaknesses.

Didn't we just take that game to the very end against a very good team?

Have to wrap our brains around the potential injuries coming out of that game before we can make predictions on the Banjo Bowl.  Potentially, No Wild, Moore or Willy.  If Neufeld comes back is Jones back on the PR or does he replace Howard...

there were more than a few people complaining about drew during the game on the chat… with some saying, good let's see what brohm can do….

I want their their names.

I was one of them in the chat that said that I wanted to see Brohm come in, but in fairness I was saying that only because I didn't want Drew to get even more injured by hobbling around on one leg out there (and miss any chance that he might be able to play in the Banjo Bowl) and it was 21-7 at the time and appeared the game was going in the toilet. Of course, many of us just can't forget the many folds by this team in previous years, so the concept of a strong comeback and almost winning the game were not apparent to us. Some of us are still pretty emotionally fragile, so forgive us ok?

Also - how the hell did Willy's ankle bend like that, and he was still able to play? Matt Nichols needs to take some notes. His foot would be pointing backwards at that point.

there were more than a few people complaining about drew during the game on the chat… with some saying, good let's see what brohm can do….

I want their their names.

I was one of them in the chat that said that I wanted to see Brohm come in, but in fairness I was saying that only because I didn't want Drew to get even more injured by hobbling around on one leg out there (and miss any chance that he might be able to play in the Banjo Bowl) and it was 21-7 at the time and appeared the game was going in the toilet. Of course, many of us just can't forget the many folds by this team in previous years, so the concept of a strong comeback and almost winning the game were not apparent to us. Some of us are still pretty emotionally fragile, so forgive us ok?

Also - how the hell did Willy's ankle bend like that, and he was still able to play? Matt Nichols needs to take some notes. His foot would be pointing backwards at that point.

Admittedly, that was not a good moment.

It really was remarkable to see him return after watching the sideline activities. But, ho hum, another nick or hanging digit, no problem, a little shake, tape and let her roll.

Here's another blurb to add to his stretcher comment:

“The guys were all coming up to me on the sideline, saying ‘Stick in there’ and ‘We need you out there,’” said Willy. “I never want to let any of my teammates down. They mean so much to me. I just really wish I could’ve done more to get the win for those guys because they play so hard. We did a lot of good things out there, but I’m sure we’ll look at the film and there’s going to be mistakes and we need to correct them, because we have this team next week as well.”

​And just like that…Winnipeg has a new sports hero.

I hope his ankle ok...

It's fine. It's attached.  ;)