Drew Willy quote

Mr. Perfect

Not that we need another reason to love the guy...Here is what he said when asked after the game about his ankle.

"It would take a stretcher for me not to come back in. I love competing against that team more than anything in the world."

Story link: http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/08/31/adrenalin-helps-willy-walk-off-ankle-injury

Kids got future star written all over him, we finally got ourselves a QB. 

This is the attitude that we have been missing the last several years, the warrior mentality, not only from Willy but let's hope the entire team starts taking that approach and IMO, it seems like they have. This kid has been a godsend, people need to remember where we were a year ago on this day, we just got our asses handed to us in a game where our entire team didn't show up, this afternoon i saw a team compete with one of the best teams in the league (i don't think the riders are that good though) but none the less, they never gave up, they were in it  right until the end, a bunch of adversity again.. Fraser gets hurt, DLINE has to play a man short , Wild gets hurt, he's our best linebacker BY FAR... special teams stepped up when it mattered again, just like vs montreal... just unfortunate we lost but... man, you know what.. the future is bright and Drew Willy is the reason for it. Willy and O'shea are going to take us to the promise land, probably not this year but... down the road, i feel we got a cup coming our way with these 2 guys here. And you know what DREW, for 3.5 quarters, that "loud crowd" was quiet as a mouse. 

This is the first game in recent memory that we had in regina where we legitimitely shut the crowd up for most the game. 

Kids got future star written all over him, we finally got ourselves a QB. 

This is the attitude that we have been missing the last several years, the warrior mentality, not only from Willy but let's hope the entire team starts taking that approach and IMO, it seems like they have. This kid has been a godsend, people need to remember where we were a year ago on this day, we just got our asses handed to us in a game where our entire team didn't show up, this afternoon i saw a team compete with one of the best teams in the league (i don't think the riders are that good though) but none the less, they never gave up, they were in it  right until the end, a bunch of adversity again.. Fraser gets hurt, DLINE has to play a man short , Wild gets hurt, he's our best linebacker BY FAR... special teams stepped up when it mattered again, just like vs montreal... just unfortunate we lost but... man, you know what.. the future is bright and Drew Willy is the reason for it. Willy and O'shea are going to take us to the promise land, probably not this year but... down the road, i feel we got a cup coming our way with these 2 guys here. And you know what DREW, for 3.5 quarters, that "loud crowd" was quiet as a mouse. 

This is the first game in recent memory that we had in regina where we legitimitely shut the crowd up for most the game. 

well said.

We got to labour day with out ever a question being raised about who was going to start at qb for us, and then in what looks like a serious injury he comes back in and runs around as well as he ever has. It's just such a refreshing thing to not have to worry about the qb being done for the year after one hit. 

That being said he's one beat up dude already at this point in the season, I hope he doesn't break at some point. 

Someone needs to buy Willy a fur coat, and he'd be Don Jonas. :)

For the younger fans, here's why I say this - very similar situation as 1971:

Originally signed by Toronto in 1970, Jonas played one season for the Argonauts. Toronto then let him go when they signed quarterbacks Joe Theismann and Greg Barton and Winnipeg picked up his option.

It turned out to be a great move.

Jonas became the team’s first winner of the CFL Most Outstanding Player award in 1971 after leading the league in completions (253), pass attempts (485), passing yards (4,036), passing touchdowns (27) and interceptions (31). He was also a placekicker and led the league in scoring with 121 points.

“We threw that ball and we were so exciting that people came to watch us,” Jonas says with pride. “They were ecstatic about the turnaround of our football program and we filled the stands.”

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/the-1970-s-quarterback-don-jonas

We got to labour day with out ever a question being raised about who was going to start at qb for us, and then in what looks like a serious injury he comes back in and runs around as well as he ever has. It's just such a refreshing thing to not have to worry about the qb being done for the year after one hit. 

That being said he's one beat up dude already at this point in the season, I hope he doesn't break at some point. 

No break until Week 13??? What kind of bullshit is that?? Some teams will have had TWO breaks by then. 

No break until Week 13??? What kind of bullshit is that?? Some teams will have had TWO breaks by then. 

I am assuming that the CFL considers that 10 day break between the Toronto game and the Montreal game as a "break".  Which is total crap.  Given a few more days rest we would have thrashed the Argos.