Goodell and NFL Coverup on the Rice Video

Rich

Has anyone been following the developments of this story today?

Goodell holds a press conference today saying all of the changes the NFL will make to correct the errors that were done in the Rice fiasco.  Shortly after that ESPN releases a story claiming that Goodell, the NFL, and the Ravens have been lying since the beginning.  That they had seen the video and worked hard to cover up the whole event.

It is a long read, but very interesting.   Titled Rice Case:  Purposeful Misdirection by team, scant Investigation by NFL

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

Apparently during his press conference, players were also tweeting out how they didn't believe Goodell, and didn't like what he was saying and ESPN was broadcasting the tweets during the press conference.

goodell4.jpg

goodell3.jpg

Be very interesting to see what happens to Goodell in the coming days.  Not sure he can really continue in his position.

I think he needs to go but who has the power to make him go? Gotta believe the owners (all of them) are on his side. Only media pressure i suppose would make him resign but the guy probably won't do that cuz just like all the owners in the NFL, his ego is too big to allow him to admit he ABSOLUTELY SUCKS.

I think he needs to go but who has the power to make him go? Gotta believe the owners (all of them) are on his side. Only media pressure i suppose would make him resign but the guy probably won't do that cuz just like all the owners in the NFL, his ego is too big to allow him to admit he ABSOLUTELY SUCKS.

The owners will turn on him if sponsors start pulling out. It is always about the money.

The whole thing is ridiculous. The NFL has always had questionable moral characters playing for them and they always will because winning is more important than anything and if a criminal is a better player they'll take the criminal. They tried to blow things over but it didn't work so now he does the press conference to say a few sound bites sounding sorry and make a few gestures to try and appease the angry mob but in the end nothing will change because they don't want it to change.

He sealed his date during the bounty thing when he said ignorance wasn't an excuse. He can't plead ignorance. Either way he's toast.

How he suspended rice for two games initially is beyond me. Absurd. And some pot smoker got a year? Ridiculous. It's just rich boys club covering asses.

I'm not in favour of a lifetime ban for rice but he should have been gone from the beginning.

And don't even get me started on Peterson. This whole "it's a southern black thing" or "it's how I was raised" is such a cop out. I was utterly shocked when the Vikings reinstated him and knew they'd regret that decision. What sort of morons are these guys?

The NFL needs to take some accountability in preparing players for this life also.

he's no idiot. The NFL makes more money than ever under him. That's what matters more than anything else to the owners, and probably 9 of ten people if you ask them.

I'll be surprised if he gets turfed.

The second Ray Rice video thing is silly. He knocked her cold in the elevator, and I saw the first video where he dragged her out. What more do you need to know? He punched his girl friend and knocked her cold.

Why the second video is so shocking is beyond me. 

Anyone who saw the video can express why it was shocking. It was brutal.

Personally I believe the NFL saw the video but it's an old boys club. But let's assume Rice "explained" his actions. He had his wife "taking responsibility" for her part (one of the most dispicable aspects of this and I recall Hustler being appalled at the live tweeting of the presser in that regard). He probably said it was a "consensual fight" where maybe he shoved her away in defense and she fell down and hit her head.

The visual of his dragging her unconscious body out of the elevator was bad. But then having the truth truly revealed where he slugs her was visually sickening. It demonstrated how vile and callous Rice was and everyone who ropes his wide into taking blame should be ashamed.

• 2 months later...