Brohm has a broken thumb; Willy to start

TBieber

In the FreeP today, Lawless described O'Shea as very stubborn. It may have served o"Shea well in the past as a player or even as an assistant coach, but as a head coach, if he has difficulty seeing that he is wrong when he obviously is, it will not go well for him or the team. Determination is a great asset, but not if it turns into rigidity.

Makes sense to me, Gotta start DREW when the game still matters. Expect to see Marve tho in the last game of the year. 

Make no sense to me, Willy hasn't played well for Weeks now he hasn't earned the start based on his play other players have to sit and wait their turn but Willy gets to start based on what ? I won't be watching if Willy is playing I am done with stupid coaches starting their guy let the best players play ! Tired of Romby Bryant as well and EJ would be playing if he wasn't injured MOS neesd to learn to start his best players regardless of salary or who his favorites are...

Makes sense to me, Gotta start DREW when the game still matters. Expect to see Marve tho in the last game of the year.

Make no sense to me, Willy hasn't played well for Weeks now he hasn't earned the start based on his play other players have to sit and wait their turn but Willy gets to start based on what ? I won't be watching if Willy is playing I am done with stupid coaches starting their guy let the best players play ! Tired of Romby Bryant as well and EJ would be playing if he wasn't injured MOS neesd to learn to start his best players regardless of salary or who his favorites are...
You DO understand the concept of starter, right? #1? The first string?

Marve should leapfrog the depth chart based on a half of football and ten passes when playoffs are still a (distant, yes but still) a possibility? No... Not likely..

Willy IS the best QB, don't be ridiculous. Suggesting he's not is bordering on idiocy.

Willy IS the best QB, don't be ridiculous. Suggesting he's not is bordering on idiocy.

I like Marve and think someday he may be better than Willy. That day is not in the near future though. I agree with your statement. I cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone could think Marve is the better QB right now.

You DO understand the concept of starter, right? #1? The first string?

Marve should leapfrog the depth chart based on a half of football and ten passes when playoffs are still a (distant, yes but still) a possibility? No... Not likely..

Absolutely agree 110% with you SPuDs. 

Some Winnipeg fans just truly are never going to be happy. I understand it didn't translate to wins this year in the first year of this new program, but we checked the most important task off our list - find a franchise QB - and still some people want to complain about him.

Drew Willy is the present AND the future of this team. He's not perfect, he's going to struggle but that's all part of what it takes to allow him to develop into the best QB we've had since Khari. If you can't handle being along for the ride, that's on you not him.

And you base that on what the fact that Willy has been so successful this year ?

Have you checked his stats his QB rating he is very much on par with Max Hall so that puts him clearly in the lead of the current group ?

I am not saying he won't be good down the road I can see that Willy does have some very good qualities as a QB however that doesn't mean he is the best QB on the roster we haven't see Marve in a full game and Portis has been on the PR...so until we see them we won't know.

I have been to many practices and Willy is accurate when he sees someone open however he doesn't see the entire field and recognize where to go with the ball all of the time and he takes way too many sacks because he needs to throw the ball away sometimes...

I have also not been impressed with his practices many times as he has been outworked but the other QBs and to me your Starter should lead the way...

Also Willy isn't very mobile. So some good things some bad... but until you see the other QBs play a full game or more you can't say who the best is...

Willy needs to improve for me to be convinced he is our future he has the potential to be a very good QB down the road but at this point I am not sure he will be time will tell....

If Willy proves me wrong this week good for him and the Bombers but I am tire of waiting for Willy to turn it around...to me this season is over in terms of the playoff so lets get the other QB's some experience and see what they can do...

I actually don't see O'Shea as all that stubborn. I'd say reluctant to make significant changes when they were playing well, but after a couple back to back big losses he damned sure changed things up. 

O'Shea didn't make the significant changes on his own volition, injuries and Grigsby's release determined those changes.

O'Shea didn't make the significant changes on his own volition, injuries and Grigsby's release determined those changes.

Grigsby asked to be released because he didn't like one of O'Shea's changes.  Remember that Cotton started in Edmonton and Grigsby asked for his release when he was told that Cotton was starting again.