So what happens during the bye week?

B-F-F-C

I had wondered the same thing (I didn't care enough to start a thread about it, so thanks for getting the ball rolling).  As I understand it the players get paid after each game, and if there are no more games there is no more pay, so do the Bombers have any leverage in making players stay another week (if they even wanted to)?  Seems unlikely.  There might be a few players added recently that could use another week of evaluation, but it's probably not happening.

What would be the point of them sticking around or even practicing?

Players always say they love to play the game.

Alternate answer - next week they will do what other players won't, so next year they can accomplish what other players can't.

Players will have their exit interviews and go home.  GM / HC / Coordinators / Coaches will start the analysis of how each player did and who they don't want back next year.  Hopefully some decisions on the coordinators will be made so the team can hold interviews during Grey Cup week.

They all live here during the summer, so they have to take care of little details like moving out of their apartment/housing, as well as the aforementioned exit interviews with coaches. I'd say most will be around for the bye week...