Lawless - Attention O'Shea: Fire Etcheverry

gbill2004

Lawless have once again demonstrated his wisdom by pointing out the obvious as well as the majority opinion on Etch. The real question is whether O'Shea will do the obviously right thing or show  what has been a worrisome character trait by keeping on with what ain't working. It might be even worse if O'Shea ties the can to Etch but resents the heck out of everyone (fans and management) for forcing him to do it.

Etcheverry's defence was terrible and was as big a reason as any for the Blue Bombers plummeting from an early 5-1 record to an unsatisfactory 7-11 finish. Likely the biggest.

Haha Gary Lawless is a *****.

Why? And your reasons can't involve "fat" or "bald".

Because the offense was a far bigger reason for the wins falling off.... and special teams giving up as many return tds as they did were more of a problem than the defense as well. I have pointed out in other thread there were maybe only 3 games where the defense didn't give the team a chance to win. stating that the defense was likely the biggest reason for the wins going away = straight up ********. 

Even though I'm in agreement that Etch should go, that GL is still an embarrassment to the word "Journalist".  Sorry but his titles really suck and he needs to learn how to actually write some grammatically coherent articles.  What he needs to learn is that it may be okay to talk colorfully on the radio, but when you put out articles, this kind of stuff is high schoolish.

Even though I'm in agreement that Etch should go, that GL is still an embarrassment to the word "Journalist". Sorry but his titles really suck and he needs to learn how to actually write some grammatically coherent articles. What he needs to learn is that it may be okay to talk colorfully on the radio, but when you put out articles, this kind of stuff is high schoolish.

Gary doesn't write the titles, his editor does.

Everybody who is a CFL fan & especially a Bomber fan knew this scenario with Etch's defenses would happen. If MOS sticks with the guy it'll be the beginning of the end for him as a HC. The optics of keeping the worst DC in the CFL around for another season is bad optics for a Bomber team that needs to sell positivity to the fanbase. We don't need a stubborn HC. We need a HC who will do what is necessary to win & make the tough decisions. Etch has to go. There, I just summarized Lawless's article... 

gbill2004, on 15 Nov 2014 - 1:17 PM, said:

USABomberfan, on 15 Nov 2014 - 1:16 PM, said:

Even though I'm in agreement that Etch should go, that GL is still an embarrassment to the word "Journalist". Sorry but his titles really suck and he needs to learn how to actually write some grammatically coherent articles. What he needs to learn is that it may be okay to talk colorfully on the radio, but when you put out articles, this kind of stuff is high schoolish.

Gary doesn't write the titles, his editor does.

Then he should tell him to fix them so his newspaper isn't a stain on the city of Winnipeg.

Don't often agree with Lawless but he's bang-on with this one. Etch. is an anchor that O'Shea better shed before it's too late. I'm sure it will be hard to part with an old friend but this is football where the name of the game is win. Mike will have to have a meeting with Gary and with a tear in his eye say ' sorry old buds this just isn't going to fly'. The natives are restless to the point of revolt and they're looking your way and also in the direction of Marcel. Mikes call ....and if nothing is done...will it remain that way?? 

Don't often agree with Lawless but he's bang-on with this one. Etch. is an anchor that O'Shea better shed before it's too late. I'm sure it will be hard to part with an old friend but this is football where the name of the game is win. Mike will have to have a meeting with Gary and with a tear in his eye say ' sorry old buds this just isn't going to fly'. The natives are restless to the point of revolt and they're looking your way and also in the direction of Marcel. Mikes call ....and if nothing is done...will it remain that way??

Two grown men gonna have a cry together. Nice. I hope bluebombers.com carries a live stream.