Jets Trade 6th Rounder for D - Jay Harrison

Jpan85

and so this is Christmas...

...and what do you got? A top 4 defenceman...NOT!

Jets not called anyone up yet? Scary!

If they intend to call someone up I would think it would have to be now.  Makes me wonder if Chevy is still trying to work a trade or signing before midnight. 

Our 6 D today were: Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Chiarot, Grant Clitsome, Paul Postma, Adam Pardy, Julien Brouillette

and so this is Christmas...

...and what do you got? A top 4 defenceman...NOT!

Jets not called anyone up yet? Scary!

If they intend to call someone up I would think it would have to be now.  Makes me wonder if Chevy is still trying to work a trade or signing before midnight. 

Our 6 D today were: Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Chiarot, Grant Clitsome, Paul Postma, Adam Pardy, Julien Brouillette

How's Chiarot doing? Have not seen him play.

Very good.  Playing big minutes.  Should not be sent down ever again.  He's earned his spot.

Just picked up Jay Harrison for a 6th rd draft pick

Born November 3, 1982 (age 32)

Oshawa, ON, CAN Height 6 ft 4 in (193 cm) Weight 211 lb (96 kg; 15 st 1 lb) Position Defence Shoots Left NHL team

Former teams Winnipeg Jets

Carolina Hurricanes

Toronto Maple Leafs National team 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada NHL Draft 82nd overall, 2001

Toronto Maple Leafs Playing career 2002–present

Is it an option to call up Morrisey or would that wreck his development...

I think the question should be would help in his development?  ... and the answer would be no.

I was thinking the same thing and im not sure if it would hurt him but i dont think it would help either him or us right now so id say leave him doing what hes doing.

Kind of feel bad for some of the guys on the Rock. None of them were good enuf for our needs.

Chiarot & Brouillette are here and both Kichton & Ellerby are hurt. It makes sense to search for dmen from other teams rather than bring up guys who are bottom pairing dmen in the minors.

Will O'Neill is also injured. Between Winnipeg and St Johns we have seven injured defencemen right now.

Harrison might end up sticking here when we're healthy.

It's going to be interesting. They won't want to send Chiarot back down if he keeps playing well. We could end up with Enstrom, Stuart, Harrison, Pardy, Clitsome and Chiarot all as left handed D. But that's a problem for another time... We won't be completely healthy for a while yet, if at all this season.