Tell me about rugby

Mike

Any rugby fans out there? Always wanted to develop an interest in it, don't really know where to start.

TV channels I can watch it on? Streams online?

When are the games live?

What league should I watch? What am I even watching?

School me.

Any rugby fans out there? Always wanted to develop an interest in it, don't really know where to start.

TV channels I can watch it on? Streams online?

When are the games live?

What league should I watch? What am I even watching?

School me.

I have good friends that live in Liverpool England.... they are HUGE into it.

Give me a few hrs and ill get you a bunch of info.

Ok well i found out a bit of info that may of may not be what your asking about....

So it seems there are 2 different kinds of game... Im assuming its a bit like the CFL and the NFL type thing... rules are a bit diff.

Rugby union and rugby league

Rugby league is a faster game and more exciting to watch as the union league is the traditional game.

The best rugby in the world is played in the UK, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand.

The 6 Nations is being played right now it includes England, Wales.Scotland.France Italy.Ireland  Its played in the traditional rules so its the slower type game.

Like i said dude im not sure what you would like to know... Hope this helps a bit and if you want to know anything just ask and ill pass on the questions. 

Go Sea Eagles!!!

(The only game I've ever attended.  Didn't understand the rules, didn't really follow what happened, hung out with guys who were mostly strangers, drank a lot of beer in the cheap seats, had a blast.  I hope that was helpful.)

Chaotic, undisciplined game where the real definition of scrum can be found. And out of that scrum, the ball gets squirted out, and all these ugly (a prerequisite) and brutal men, suddenly realize they have to do something with the ball...or get killed.

There's no set scoring..just random points are awarded.

And at least one of the teams must wear striped shirts.

Playing on a muddy field is not required...but it is considered a bonus. As a matter of fact, that's how the name evolved. They usually had to have a rug by the door for all the muddy players to wipe their feet.

Honest.

A T.I.C. submission.

Have to be tough as nails to play that game as there's no helmets or pads. When I was in my 20's I was asked to play rugby by some of my friends. I was already working full time & being 25 or so I thought the the last thing I needed was to get injured. I wussed out. I'd see those guys practicing & playing on Churchill Drive in Riverview & I never regretted my decision either.

Doubt this guy will make it

"Jarryd Hayne's anticipated transition from rugby league superstar to NFL running back will begin with the San Francisco forty-niners"

Hayne, who was revered as a megastar in Australia, won the Daily M Player of the Year award in 2009 and 2014. Plenty of Australians have had success in the NFL, but none has done so as a legitimate offensive weapon, which is what the former rugby fullback is aiming to do."

Bleacher report.

New Zealand top Rugby player.