The Star Trek Thread!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

James Frain has been cast as "Sarek" and the premiere has been pushed back once again with no date set now.  This is the second push back....

At least he's a good actor.

Typical.  Are we ever going to see a Star Trek TV show again?

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Supposedly its changed slightly but I cant tell.

Right after it shows the old pictures, there's a 3D rendering that pops up that looks different.  I like the look of that ship a lot better if that's the new ship.

15 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Right after it shows the old pictures, there's a 3D rendering that pops up that looks different.  I like the look of that ship a lot better if that's the new ship.

Speculated to be the Shenzou, another ship on the series captained by Michelle Yeoh's character.   I like it too. Reminiscent of the NX Enterprise. 

• 2 weeks later...

interesting that the majority of star fleet characters are assigned to the Shenzhou. Clearly the "Discovery" is going to come into play through some plot early on. I'm guessing Shenzhou destroyed or Discovery is the object they are seeking. 

Also an extra tweeted out a set photo ostensibly showing Klingons that look nothing like Klingons. This would be a re-imaging and it sucks. 

14 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

interesting that the majority of star fleet characters are assigned to the Shenzhou. Clearly the "Discovery" is going to come into play through some plot early on. I'm guessing Shenzhou destroyed or Discovery is the object they are seeking. 

Also an extra tweeted out a set photo ostensibly showing Klingons that look nothing like Klingons. This would be a re-imaging and it sucks. 

I really hope those are not Klingons.  They look like crap.  They turned Klingons into such a cool look, and then JJ, and now this, ruin that cool look.  They used to have a uniqueness to them that was cultivated over decades.  And then JJ's crap and now this just crap all over that evolution.

• 2 weeks later...